The "paperless office" has long been held up as a goal for businesses large and small, but few have come even close. The average office worker, in fact, still generates roughly two pounds of paper waste every day, according to the U.S. EPA.
The first large-scale analysis of a fundamental type of software known as firmware has revealed poor security practices that could present opportunities for hackers probing the "Internet of Things."
Xerox is offering managed service tools for enterprises that want to reduce the costs of remote printing.
Xerox has issued the first software patch intended to fix a problem in some multi-function printers that causes characters to be incorrectly reproduced when scanned.
A software bug that caused some characters to be substituted for others in scans by some Xerox machines is more serious than previously thought.
Bob Metcalfe, Dave Boggs and the rest of the scientists at Xerox Palo Alto Research Center in 1973 were a lot like young developers at a Silicon Valley startup today.
Xerox revealed the latest research developments taking place within its labs at The Xerox Research Centre of Canada (XRCC), which develops two to three patents each week and over 130 inventions per year.
Both cost-conscious and environmentally conscious organizations are striving to do more with less these days. The rationale is simple: Investing in more energy-efficient hardware, for example, means lower energy bills and a smaller carbon footprint. ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Kogan Mobile upgrades to 4G network
- Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- MIT uses 4D maps to help robot teams navigate moving obstacles
- A new AMD licensing deal could create more x86 rivals for Intel
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCITIL Environment, Configuration, Release Manager- Banking/GovtNSW
- FTITSM Head of Service Desk & SwitchboardACT
- FTSQL DeveloperNSW
- CCSQL DeveloperVIC
- CCApplication Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCNetwork DesignerVIC
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- CCLead Administrator - Network and SecurityNSW
- CCJava Developer - multiple opportunitiesNSW
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTSenior DBA / Team LeadVIC
- CCSales Development Executive - Software SolutionsNSW
- CCSenior Analyst, Applications - GDWVIC
- CCData Management & Reporting Development OfficerSA
- CCPortfolio Manager - Customer Service SystemVIC
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperWA
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Prince2 & PMBoK shop | Huge project pipelineACT
- CCWeb AdministratorACT
- CCCommVault Backp EngineerNSW
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCSystem admin with SQL server experience | Defence-wide project | NV1 neededACT
- CCSenior ICT Project OfficerACT