A group of companies, including Cisco Systems and mobile device management software vendor AirWatch, have joined forces to help enterprises take advantage of features that are integrated in Android and iOS.
Xamarin has integrated its cross-platform development tools with Microsoft's Visual Studio Community 2013, allowing developers to build native Android and iOS apps for free.
IBM has teamed with Xamarin in an effort to make it easier for C# developers to integrate back-end systems like databases with mobile apps.
The latest version of Xamarin's namesake development platform has additional support for iOS and more features for sharing code across the Apple OS, Android and Windows.
Xamarin and Samsung Electronics have worked together to make it easier for developers to create apps that can run on Samsung's Knox security platform.
SAP has joined forces with Xamarin to make it easier for developers to integrate their apps with the company's Mobile Platform.
Xamarin has integrated the sneak peek version of Google's GDK (Glass Development Kit) into its cross-platform development tools, allowing C# developers to create apps for Google Glass.
Microsoft has joined forces with development platform vendor Xamarin to make it easier for Windows developers to create cross-platform apps for smartphones, tablets and PCs.
As mobile device shipments overtake those of PCs, cross-platform tool developer Xamarin hopes to get more enterprises to adapt their apps for Android and iOS with the help of its .Net Mobility Scanner.
Xamarin has announced Test Cloud, an automated service that lets mobile developers test their apps on hundreds of mobile devices.
The new Xamarin.Mac framework allows C# developers to build native OS X apps that can be sold in the Mac App Store and share code with apps build for Android, iOS and Windows.
Cross-platform development frameworks such as Apache Cordova, Sencha Touch and Xamarin.Mobile are all compatible with Windows Phone 8, making it easier to create apps for the new OS while at the same time developing apps for other platforms.
On Thursday, Xamarin added an API (application programming interface) for contacts to its new cross-platform Mobile development kit, with which the company aims to make it easier for C# users to develop applications for Android and iOS at the same ti...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Kogan Mobile upgrades to 4G network
- Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- MIT uses 4D maps to help robot teams navigate moving obstacles
- A new AMD licensing deal could create more x86 rivals for Intel
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCTest Analyst - Contact Centre TechnologiesVIC
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence ConsultantSA
- CCSQL DeveloperVIC
- FTChange Lead- DigitalVIC
- CCSenior Technical WriterVIC
- CCSenior DevOps ConsultantVIC
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCWebOps EngineerVIC
- CCPMO Coordinator- Prince2, Project financialsNSW
- CCPortfolio Manager - Customer Service SystemVIC
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCBPM ConsultantVIC
- FTSQL DeveloperNSW
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- CCSr System AnalystACT
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCServiceNow / SACM ConsultantNSW
- CCProject Specialist - Contact Center and Unified CommunicationsVIC
- CCWeb Content Developer- Angular, PHP, interface backgroundNSW
- CCChange Manager x 2NSW
- CCSr. Project Manager - Six SigmaVIC
- CCChange Lead/Senior Change Analyst - Transformation projectNSW