From ordering pizza online to pinpointing the exact location of a breaking news story, an overwhelming portion of data on the Web has geographic elements. Yet for Web developers, wrangling the most value from geospatial information remains an arduous...
After nearly eight years of work, the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) has finalized the HTML5 standard, bringing the basic Web technology firmly into the era of mobile devices and cloud-driven rich Internet applications.
The World Wide Web Consortium wants to bring the power of social media to the enterprise.
Chalk up another victory for corporate surveillance: Five years after advocates came up with an easy way to let you browse the Web with just a little privacy, the Do Not Track system is in tatters and that pair of boots you looked at online last mont...
Participants in a Brazil-hosted conference on Internet governance laid out an aggressive agenda, with some calling for a policy statement that would condemn Internet surveillance, support net neutrality regulations and create programs to close the di...
The official calendar for Joshua Wright, a commissioner with the U.S. Federal Trade Commission, shows he has had many meetings with technology company lobbyists, but none with consumer advocates, even though consumer protection is a major part of the...
After recent revelations about the U.S. National Security Agency's widespread surveillance of Internet communications, the coordination of the Internet's technical infrastructure should move away from U.S. government oversight, said 10 groups involve...
The World Wide Web Consortium has finalized its specification for Web Storage, a technology that would give Web applications more flexibility in storing data on user machines.
The World Wide Web Consortium has rejected an attempt by the advertising industry to hijack a specification describing how websites should respond to "do not track" requests sent by Web browsers.
Privacy advocates are pushing the U.S. Congress to rein in the U.S. National Security Agency's efforts to collect massive amounts of data from U.S. residents, as alleged in recent news reports.
E-commerce trade group NetChoice takes aim at state legislation -- and at open access and privacy advocates -- in the newest list of bills it deems would be awful for the Internet.
The U.S. online advertising industry has not lived up to a promise to stop the online tracking of Internet users who ask advertisers to do so, a senior U.S. senator said Wednesday.
The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) is bringing its technical and management staff to China for the first time as a way to increase collaboration between the nation's Internet industry and the Web standards group.
The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) has released the first draft of two standards intended to protect the privacy of Web users and allow them to opt out of Web tracking systems.
Hoping to broaden the input from users, the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) has established two new virtual working spaces for individuals and organizations to develop specifications, the organization announced Tuesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 2 LED Lenser P7R Professional Torch review
- 3 Aftershokz Wireless Trekz Titanium Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headphones review
- 4 Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
- 5 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Review: Asus ROG G752 OC Edition - Faster than many desktop gaming PCs
- Make a Wi-Fi gadget with a $9.99 Orange Pi development board
- Analysts laud and lance new Microsoft browser armor
- Should I drill a hole into my iPhone 7 to give it a headphone jack?
- Mediatek's developer board features a 10-core chip and Android 6.0
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT