From ordering pizza online to pinpointing the exact location of a breaking news story, an overwhelming portion of data on the Web has geographic elements. Yet for Web developers, wrangling the most value from geospatial information remains an arduous...
After nearly eight years of work, the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) has finalized the HTML5 standard, bringing the basic Web technology firmly into the era of mobile devices and cloud-driven rich Internet applications.
The World Wide Web Consortium wants to bring the power of social media to the enterprise.
Chalk up another victory for corporate surveillance: Five years after advocates came up with an easy way to let you browse the Web with just a little privacy, the Do Not Track system is in tatters and that pair of boots you looked at online last mont...
Participants in a Brazil-hosted conference on Internet governance laid out an aggressive agenda, with some calling for a policy statement that would condemn Internet surveillance, support net neutrality regulations and create programs to close the di...
The official calendar for Joshua Wright, a commissioner with the U.S. Federal Trade Commission, shows he has had many meetings with technology company lobbyists, but none with consumer advocates, even though consumer protection is a major part of the...
After recent revelations about the U.S. National Security Agency's widespread surveillance of Internet communications, the coordination of the Internet's technical infrastructure should move away from U.S. government oversight, said 10 groups involve...
The World Wide Web Consortium has finalized its specification for Web Storage, a technology that would give Web applications more flexibility in storing data on user machines.
The World Wide Web Consortium has rejected an attempt by the advertising industry to hijack a specification describing how websites should respond to "do not track" requests sent by Web browsers.
Privacy advocates are pushing the U.S. Congress to rein in the U.S. National Security Agency's efforts to collect massive amounts of data from U.S. residents, as alleged in recent news reports.
E-commerce trade group NetChoice takes aim at state legislation -- and at open access and privacy advocates -- in the newest list of bills it deems would be awful for the Internet.
The U.S. online advertising industry has not lived up to a promise to stop the online tracking of Internet users who ask advertisers to do so, a senior U.S. senator said Wednesday.
The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) is bringing its technical and management staff to China for the first time as a way to increase collaboration between the nation's Internet industry and the Web standards group.
The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) has released the first draft of two standards intended to protect the privacy of Web users and allow them to opt out of Web tracking systems.
Hoping to broaden the input from users, the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) has established two new virtual working spaces for individuals and organizations to develop specifications, the organization announced Tuesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Samsung hopes Raspberry Pi can spread Tizen OS adoption
- 5G dreams in Barcelona: Cars, robots and VR games
- VMware gives enterprises a BYOD boost with three new tools
- Google adds warning to unencrypted emails
- Intel's Itanium to live an as HPE commits to new servers with the chip
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - IT SecurityNSW
- CCObjective ECMS Technical ConsultantSA
- CCService EngineerVIC
- CCContract System Engineer (Lotus Domin) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CCIT Performance Test AnalystACT
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorNSW
- CCRecords Officer - CanberraACT
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - SCOM/SCCM/PowerShellVIC
- CCWintel Support EngineerNSW
- CCInformation Security ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NPPVIC
- CCApplication Support AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Oracle ProcurementSA
- CCTechnical Tester - AutomationVIC
- FTManager, Portfolio GovernanceNSW
- CCJava Developer - IOSNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCRisk AnalystVIC
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics CRM DeveloperSA
- FTHelpdesk support - Level 1VIC
- CCTest AnalystACT
- CCSenior Wintel EngineerNSW