AT&T's addition of Boingo Wireless Wi-Fi hotspots to its international roaming coverage may point toward the future of mobile data across borders.
Huawei Technologies' enterprise division is ramping up its European presence, helped by the announcement this week that SAP has certified the company's servers to run its HANA in-memory platform. Such deals with SAP and other big software vendors wil...
German operator Deutsche Telekom is joining forces with Fon to help expand its network coverage, as it does its best to keep up with growing data volumes.
Smartphones and tablets with the emerging Wi-Fi wireless networking technology, 802.11ac, will arrive early in the second half of this year, a Qualcomm executive said.
International roaming between carriers' Wi-Fi networks has come a step closer, with AT&T, Boingo Wireless, NTT DoCoMo and Orange completing network assessments as part of the Wireless Broadband Alliance's new interoperability program.
The suppliers of mobile carrier networks are still thinking small when it comes to making speeds fast and signals strong, and this year's Mobile World Congress next week will again host introductions of Wi-Fi access points and small cellular base sta...
ZyXEL Communications will use software from Alcatel-Lucent to integrate mobile networking into its home networking equipment.
Dave Stephenson is at the center of one of the most important efforts in mobile networking, the move to shepherd smartphones and other devices among Wi-Fi hotspots safely and automatically.
Hewlett-Packard researchers are developing a cloud-based "avatar" to manage all of a user's mobile devices and wireless networks.
Cisco Systems plans to sell its Linksys home networking business to Belkin International for an undisclosed sum under an agreement that includes cooperation between the companies on software, service-provider products and other areas.
A satellite operator's proposal to offer an extra channel of Wi-Fi might actually give average Wi-Fi and Bluetooth users less bandwidth, according to some industry groups that have commented on the plan in filings to the FCC.
CES attendees took to the FCC's plan for more Wi-Fi spectrum, which was announced at the show on Wednesday, like hungry gamblers to a buffet.
In a neighborly gesture, Google, with the help of a local development association, is rolling out free public Wi-Fi to the area surrounding its New York City offices.
New 802.11ac routers launching at International CES promise users gigabit-speeds and better performance when streaming video.
The connected home is shaping up as a big theme at this year's International CES, but Netgear Chairman and CEO Patrick Lo thinks a lot of people are getting left out.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- Civilization VI review: Learning from some (but not all) of history's mistakes
- Dyn attack: US Senator wants to know why IoT security is so anemic
- Apple's Q4 2016 results: Better than expected with 45.5 million iPhones sold, but revenue continues to slide
- DDoS attack shows dangers of IoT 'running rampant'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPBusiness Process AnalystNSW
- CCJava Developers - Federal Government experienceNSW
- CCTechnology Training ManagerNSW
- CCSecurity ExpertVIC
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- FTLua DeveloperVIC
- FTWebSphere MQ Application SupportSA
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- FTSenior AEM Support AnalystVIC
- CCProject SpecialistVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (SQL/Web) 161027/SA/842Asia
- FTSoftware / Web Development ManagerNSW
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectNSW
- CCApplications Support Technical OfficerACT
- CCWeb Programmer - Sydney - GovernmentNSW
- FTGraduate Software Consultant - SQL Server programming skillsACT
- CCProject SchedulerSA
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- CCSiebel DeveloperACT
- FTJunior / Entry Level IT roleNSW
- FTMULTIPLE PERM PROJECT MANAGERSACT
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW