For enterprises that don't want employees to roam using cellular networks, Telefónica has launched Universal Wi-Fi, which offers coverage in 110 countries.
Asus is now distributing a firmware update that will change the default security settings on its broadband routers after files on thousands of external hard drives were found easily accessible over the Internet.
Cisco Systems promised to issue firmware updates removing a backdoor from a wireless access point and two of its routers later this month. The undocumented feature could allow unauthenticated remote attackers to gain administrative access to the devi...
Files on thousands of hard drives connected to broadband routers from Asus are easily accessible over the Internet due to unsecure default settings, according to industry experts and tests conducted by PC World Norway and TechWorld Sweden.
D-Link and Netgear have both announced so-called range extenders to improve the coverage of Wi-Fi networks based on the 802.11ac specification.
Anyone who was hoping to sneak in an Internet voice call over JetBlue's new in-flight Wi-Fi service had better make other plans, because the airline now plans to enforce its ban on voice calls in the air.
The latest twist in the debate over in-flight calling might allow users of some Internet-based services to do voice and video chats immediately on some airliners.
A security researcher has released software and technical instructions for modifying a drone so that it can identify and hijack other drones.
Karma, the startup that offers pay-as-you-go mobile data through a portable Wi-Fi hotspot, will catch up with the 4G world next year by moving to LTE.
A high-frequency supplement to Wi-Fi that's several times faster than most of what's available now appears headed for enterprises through a partnership between Cisco Systems and a specialist in the technology.
Mountain View is installing new Wi-Fi hotspots in parts of the city to supplement the poorly performing network operated by Google.
Security-savvy mobile-device users are increasingly casting a skeptical eye on public Wi-Fi, and now the vendor consortium behind the wireless standard wants to make logging in via that coffee shop network a bit safer.
Broadcom's latest line of wireless chipsets for cars can keep the kids quiet in the back seat, while allowing mom and dad to make calls in the front.
AT&T offered more Wi-Fi coverage to international roaming customers on Tuesday through a deal with Fon, the Spanish crowdsourced wireless provider that lets users share their Wi-Fi with other Fon members.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Frazzled or burnt out? You need downtime but where do you find it?
- SurveyMonkey: Pokémon Go popularity may have already peaked
- Report: Apple Car launch date slips back a year to 2021
- Pokémon Go and the demon-haunted world
- Gaming desktops with AMD Zen chips will be hard to come by this year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCIP & Fixed Process Improvement SpecialistVIC
- CCLead Solutions ArchitectQLD
- FTCisco IP Telephony EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Business Process AnalystNSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperSA
- CCDigital Project Manager, AgileNSW
- FTSAP ESB Service Management SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Contracts Officer/Procurement -Governmen BckgrndNSW
- CCProject Engineer -VIC
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- CCLead DevOps ConsultantVIC
- CCAgile Scrum MasterACT
- FTSAP Team LeadVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL/Web) 160719/P/741Asia
- FTPortfolio Governance AnalystVIC
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTAppian DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle) 160728/AP/623Asia
- CC.Net DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - CloudVIC
- CCServiceNow Technical LeadNSW
- CCIT Business Analyst- Infrastructure, BABOK- Government BackgrndNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160802/ITA/991Asia