U.S. schools could get a cool billion to set up Wi-Fi networks to connect more than 10 million more students by the 2015-2016 school year under a new FCC proposal.
More than two-thirds of the world's Wi-Fi hotspots are in the Asia-Pacific region, partly because of huge deployments by mobile operators in China, and the number of hotspots worldwide is expected to more than double by 2018.
Free Wi-Fi aggregator Fon is hoping to boost the popularity of its network with the Gramofon, a router that integrates music streaming. The first service to be added is Spotify, but more are on the way.
The latest entrant into cloud-based Wi-Fi plans to apply the technique to public Wi-Fi hotspots, helping enterprises and service providers to better manage and monetize their networks.
There's a new sign on the door to Courtroom 5 at the federal courthouse in San Jose, the home to the Apple v. Samsung battle that's playing out this month: "Please turn off all cell phones."
Qualcomm has chipsets on the way that use new antenna technology to boost Wi-Fi download speeds in crowded spaces where lots of people are competing for bandwidth.
U.S. regulators are opening up spectrum that could allow for Wi-Fi services with speeds of one gigabit per second and faster.
Connected cars are big at this year's Cebit trade show, with driverless cars and products to communicate with the vehicle' onboard computers on display, but cooler apps are needed for the sector to really take off.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission should move forward with a plan to open up new 5GHz spectrum to Wi-Fi as consumer demand for wireless bandwidth skyrockets, a member of the commission said Friday.
Having lots of Wi-Fi networks packed into a condominium or apartment building can hurt everyone's wireless performance, but Stanford University researchers say they've found a way to turn crowding into an advantage.
Smooth roaming from cell to Wi-Fi networks is finally seeing the light of day, with deployments at 21 U.S. airports and at two smaller sites in Europe debuting on Monday.
Aerohive Networks, a networking vendor that's bullish on the convergence of enterprise wired and wireless LANs, aims to raise US$75 million through an initial public offering.
Cisco Systems has come to an agreement with patent firm Innovatio IP Ventures in a dispute over Wi-Fi standards-essential patents that targeted its customers.
Residents of Google's hometown could soon be connecting to the Internet again via a free, citywide Wi-Fi network.
The early Wi-Fi standards that opened the world's eyes to wire-free networking are now holding back the newer, faster protocols that followed in their wake, Cisco Systems said.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 BlackBerry Passport review: A smartphone going nowhere
- 2 Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A flagship at 4.6-inches
- 3 Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 4 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
- 5 TomTom Runner Cardio GPS watch
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Apple's Yosemite OS shares Spotlight search terms by default
- First products from Apple-IBM deal to come next month
- Smartsheet, the project management tool cloaked as a spreadseet, adds visualization
- Telstra misled customers on smartphone warranties: ACCC
- OnePlus One pre-orders go live this week
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCConsumer Product Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW
- FTSales Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | Sales ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTTechnical Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW