A new feature of Wi-Fi could help people find both each other and things nearby, without even being near a hotspot.
With the launch of Windows 10, anyone who walks into your house and gets your Wi-Fi password for their PC could potentially let all their friends onto your network, thanks to a new feature that has ignited controversy online.
Wi-Fi aggregator Fon is continuing its mission to cover the world with shared broadband Internet connections, with recent deals giving it a boost. But the U.S. market continues to elude the company.
The newly-announced alliance between Juniper Networks and Ruckus Wireless underscores the importance of Wi-Fi in enterprises, where employees increasingly work and access cloud applications on mobile devices.
What happens if you combine the best of Wi-Fi and cellular networks? In South Korea, consumers get gigabit-speed service to their phones.
As if the all the controversy over LTE networks crowding out Wi-Fi isn't enough, a new technology in the works at Qualcomm Research might allow a lot more people to set them up.
The new world of Wi-Fi is a bit like the proverbial airplane being built in mid-air: Unless you really need to enter the new world of LANs right now, it might make sense to hold off. A case in point is the first 802.11ac Wave 2 access point from Cisc...
Chipsets that power equipment capable of smoothly moving 4K video streams inside homes over wireless and wired networks were on display at the Computex trade show.
Wi-Fi in your home or office could get a big speed boost by the end of this year with Qualcomm's newest chip, which reaches new highs in data transfer speeds.
Wireless hotspots that can deliver hundreds of megabits per second in real-world bandwidth will become more common as operators increase their investments in Wi-Fi networks.
A way to let cellular operators share Wi-Fi frequencies without jamming up Internet service is now in the spotlight at the U.S. Federal Communications Commission.
Most of us have had the experience of being unable to connect to a Wi-Fi network in a location with lots of people. A technology that promises to alleviate that problem is, however, slowly but surely making headway.
The new MacBook is supposed to usher in a wire-free future for laptops, but Apple left out technologies that could have saved road warriors a few ungainly wires.
In the romantic city of Barcelona, cellular and Wi-Fi are getting set up on a lot of dates this week.
If you have both cellular and Wi-Fi, why not use both? At Mobile World Congress, Alcatel-Lucent is demonstrating a way to do that as part of the same network.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Leaked Windows 10 build shows Microsoft filling a major content hole: Ebooks
- PCWorld's January Digital Edition: How AMD's Ryzen chip could change everything
- Twitter's Vine dies today, so download your videos pronto
- Nvidia's new Shield TV launches with HDR support, and connected home smarts on deck
- Why Linux users should worry about malware and what they can do about it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- TPChange ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Transition and Organisational Change ManagerNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- TPProgram ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Murex DeveloperVIC
- TPICT - Contracts and Commercial AnalystQLD
- CCService Desk Consultant-Baseline Clearance RequiredNSW
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- FTIdentity Access + Security ConsultantSA
- CCSenior Project Manager - Financial Planning - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- TPSystem AdministratorQLD
- FTLinux Systems EngineerQLD
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- FTFull stack Developer - Senior (Java or C# and AngularJS) x 3QLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantNSW
- TPProject Services OpportunitiesSA
- CCSharepoint DeveloperQLD
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTFull Stack Web Developer - UI/UX - .NET or JAVANSW
- FTFront End UI DeveloperQLD
- FTDeveloper - Java, Mule ESBNSW
- CCIT Risk Specialist (Assurance) - TelcoVIC
- FTBI Report DeveloperQLD