A coming boom in connected sensors and devices will drive mobile networks into distributed computing, the president of Bell Labs says
Wireless charging is starting to make headlines, with companies like Samsung pushing the technology in its Galaxy line of smartphones. But did you know wireless charging goes back as far as the early 1900s?
A new feature of Wi-Fi could help people find both each other and things nearby, without even being near a hotspot.
With the launch of Windows 10, anyone who walks into your house and gets your Wi-Fi password for their PC could potentially let all their friends onto your network, thanks to a new feature that has ignited controversy online.
Wi-Fi aggregator Fon is continuing its mission to cover the world with shared broadband Internet connections, with recent deals giving it a boost. But the U.S. market continues to elude the company.
The newly-announced alliance between Juniper Networks and Ruckus Wireless underscores the importance of Wi-Fi in enterprises, where employees increasingly work and access cloud applications on mobile devices.
What happens if you combine the best of Wi-Fi and cellular networks? In South Korea, consumers get gigabit-speed service to their phones.
As if the all the controversy over LTE networks crowding out Wi-Fi isn't enough, a new technology in the works at Qualcomm Research might allow a lot more people to set them up.
The new world of Wi-Fi is a bit like the proverbial airplane being built in mid-air: Unless you really need to enter the new world of LANs right now, it might make sense to hold off. A case in point is the first 802.11ac Wave 2 access point from Cisc...
Chipsets that power equipment capable of smoothly moving 4K video streams inside homes over wireless and wired networks were on display at the Computex trade show.
Wi-Fi in your home or office could get a big speed boost by the end of this year with Qualcomm's newest chip, which reaches new highs in data transfer speeds.
Wireless hotspots that can deliver hundreds of megabits per second in real-world bandwidth will become more common as operators increase their investments in Wi-Fi networks.
A way to let cellular operators share Wi-Fi frequencies without jamming up Internet service is now in the spotlight at the U.S. Federal Communications Commission.
Most of us have had the experience of being unable to connect to a Wi-Fi network in a location with lots of people. A technology that promises to alleviate that problem is, however, slowly but surely making headway.
With the Internet of Things in mind, ARM wants to improve the battery life of sensors that use Bluetooth, making it efficient enough to be powered using energy harvesting.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
- Seagate ST1000LX001 review
- Report: Microsoft could debut Xbox One game streaming stick and 'Xbox TV' at E3
- This sticker can wirelessly charge your smartphone or tablet
- Microsoft breaks own design rules in dupe-the-user Windows 10 upgrade tactic
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCTechnical Digital Producer / Requirements EngineerNSW
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCMS Dynamics CRM ConsultantVIC
- FTCloud ArchitectAsia
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCPHP / Magento E-Commerce DeveloperNSW
- CCNV1 Consultant | Groundbreaking Defence decision support applicationACT
- CCPEGA Developer / ConfigurerACT
- FTBusiness Systems Architect - Technical LeadershipWA
- CCDeployment Engineer / IT AuditorQLD
- CCDelivery Manager - Integration SpaceVIC
- FTTechnical Specialist EmailACT
- FTBI / Business Intelligence Designer / ArchitectNSW
- CCBPM / Java DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Programmer (HTML/JAVA/SQL) 160525/P/013Asia
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- FTDynamics Project ManagerNSW
- CCProject Manager NetworksNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160606/AP/251Asia
- FTSenior Business Analysts - Payments or Disaster RecoveryVIC
- CCTechnical PM - Magento E-Commerce SolutionNSW
- CCTechnology Team Lead / Senior Developer - JavaNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - SAP HANAQLD
- FTService Desk AnaylstNSW
- CCProject Manager - Healthcare DomainSA