Microsoft announced a broader release of the latest build of its Windows Phone 7 mobile operating system, and it's getting good reviews from developers. The company also says it started shipping thousands of prototype handsets to software developers ...
Wireless & Mobile
Apple announced several measures Friday to keep iPhone 4 users "happy" and to turn the controversy over the smartphone's occasional reception issues into a "non-issue." Again.
Although Motorola's brand new Droid X smartphone and the original Droid bear similar names, they are very different devices.
Warnings by Apple's top antenna expert that the iPhone 4 design could clobber signal strength and lead to dropped calls were ignored by the company's top executives, according to a Bloomberg News story today.
More consumers will be buying a smartphone in the next three months than ever before. And the big winner, by a big margin, is the super-achieving Apple iPhone.
If I buy an iPhone 4, am I going to have big radio frequency reception problems?
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's vision for LinkedIn is about tying its business data into Office and other services
- Facebook's Year in Review for 2016 isn't just fun and games
- AMD's Radeon Software Crimson ReLive debuts with features galore
- Intel, Microsoft renew 'Wintel' partnership with Project Evo and VR specs for PCs
- New Windows 10 Insider Build allows you to shut down your PC with your voice
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSAP CRM Technical LeadACT
- CCFunctional Consultant - Brisbane locationNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkNSW
- FTProject ManagerOther
- CCSenior Windows Systems Engineer- MCSE- SCOM, SCCMNSW
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedACT
- FTFinancial AnalystNSW
- FTLevel 1/2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSAP HR & Payroll Project ManagerACT
- FT2 x Firewall Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- FTJava Full Stack DeveloerQLD
- TPSolution Architect | HRISQLD
- FTSolution DesignerVIC
- FTTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Consultant/ArchitectNSW
- FTDevOps/L2 Support EngineerVIC
- PTSenior Software Engineer Developer | 6mthsSA
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerQLD
- TPNetwork EngineerVIC
- CCERP LeadWA
- CCApplication Specialist (Cerner) - Brisbane BasedNSW
- CCLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkSA