The cost of finishing a massive SAP software overhaul at a New York gas utility will rise to nearly US$1 billion from an original estimate of $383.8 million, a newly released audit report has found.
Indian outsourcer Wipro grew revenue and profits in the second quarter, citing improved demand.
Indian outsourcer Wipro reported slow revenue growth in its IT services business, reflecting a continued volatility in the outsourcing market.
Wipro's fourth-quarter IT services revenue grew 4.8 percent year on year, reflecting an overall recovery in offshoring to India.
First-time surprise entrant Wipro tops the list of rankings in the 18th edition of the Greenpeace "Guide to Greener Electronics," with Apple dropping two spots to sixth compared to last year's study.
Wipro said Friday its IT services business grew only 4.6 percent in U.S. dollar terms in the quarter ending Sept. 30, a much slower rate of growth reflecting a weak global economy.
Wipro has decided to move its non-IT businesses out of the company to give it a higher focus on IT services, it said Thursday.
India's National Association of Software and Service Companies (Nasscom) said Monday that an economic slump in the U.S. will benefit Indian outsourcers, as U.S. customers look to cut costs.
Wipro's second-quarter revenue grew, the company reported Wednesday. However, its larger competitors, Infosys and Tata Consultancy Services, grew faster.
Indian outsourcers have been typically known to develop enterprise software or offer IT services. But India's third largest outsourcer, Wipro, is taking advantage of having once designed and manufactured its own PCs and servers, to design and manufac...
The service quality at top Indian outsourcers is dropping as they scramble to hire staff to cope with an unexpected surge in demand, analysts said.
Clients of Indian outsourcers consider it critical to have access to, and to build a relationship with, the heads of these companies, according to a study by Offshore Insights, a research and advisory firm in Pune, India.
Wipro, India's third largest outsourcer, said on Wednesday that its IT services business had grown by 20 percent to US$1.4 billion for the quarter ended March 31, reflecting strong demand from outside the country for offshore services.
India's business process outsourcing (BPO) market is growing fast, attracting both local outsourcers and multinational services companies, according to a study by Gartner.
The proposed acquisition of an IT services company by India’s largest business process outsourcing (BPO) firm, Genpact, has fueled a debate on whether pure-play BPO firms in the country can survive independently.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- PCWorld's January Digital Edition: How AMD's Ryzen chip could change everything
- Twitter's Vine dies today, so download your videos pronto
- Nvidia's new Shield TV launches with HDR support, and connected home smarts on deck
- Why Linux users should worry about malware and what they can do about it
- A new Microsoft foldable device patent offers more grist for the Surface phone rumor mill
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTSAP Business Objects ConsultantACT
- CCCapacity and Performance Analyst - Mainframe - Z SystemsVIC
- CCSharepoint DeveloperQLD
- CCVirtualization ArchitectACT
- TPJava DeveloperSA
- FTChief Architect - Public SectorACT
- FTITCM EngineerNSW
- FTInfrastructure ConsultantQLD
- CCService Desk Consultant-Baseline Clearance RequiredNSW
- CCTester- InfrastructureACT
- CC3x DevOps / Integration Developers l AWS- Cloud- Linux- Puppet Ansible- JIRA-DNSW
- FTChief Information Security OfficerNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantSA
- FTSoftware Support SpecialistQLD
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCProject DirectorVIC
- CCSenior Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCNetwork Design EngineerACT
- CCProcess Business Analyst X 3VIC
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXQLD
- TPAnsarada Data Room AdministratorNSW
- TPDigital Business Analyst | AgileQLD
- FTSecurity IPS Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- CCAAA DeveloperNSW