Mere days after Microsoft was forced to slash the price of the Surface RT in an attempt to move more of the moribund tablets, Windows RT has received yet another no-confidence vote: Asus plans to pull back from the mobile-focused platform.
If it wasn't already apparent, next-generation Windows RT tablets are not getting support from any tablet maker other than Microsoft itself.
Whether you call it a death, decline, or decimation, the PC and all its variants are quickly succumbing to the rising popularity of tablets.
Nokia has unveiled its largest Windows 8 smartphone, the Lumia 625, which sports a 4.7-in. LCD screen and a price tag of under US$300.
Though software sales provided a ray of light in otherwise mixed results this week, gloom settled over the tech sector Friday in the wake of bellwether IT quarterly earnings reports.
Microsoft today took an unexpected $900 million charge to account for what it called "inventory adjustments" for the Surface RT, the poor-selling tablet that debuted last year.
Acer's Iconia W3 is still the one and only 8-inch Windows tablet in town, but it appears that the company isn't sitting on its heels after gaining that head start. A new report claims that the pint-sized slate is slated for a refresh this September, ...
Lenovo has discontinued sales of the Yoga 11 convertible with Windows RT on its website, which analysts said was a sign of PC makers moving away from their commitment to the struggling OS.
Microsoft has detailed the next software update to its Windows Phone 8 mobile operating system.
Vine, the trendy Twitter-owned mobile video app, is coming to the Windows Phone 8 operating system about six months after its initial launch on iOS.
Microsoft CEO, Steve Ballmer, has unveiled what he termed is a "far-reaching realignment" of the company designed to help Microsoft innnovate faster and operate in a more coherent and holistic manner as it faces a variety of challenges from rivals bi...
Microsoft's monthly patch release for July will cover seven security issues, six of which could be remotely exploited by an attacker.
A preview version of Windows Server 2012 R2 is now out, complete with a nag feature aimed at administrators.
Microsoft's former head of Windows 8 development has agreed not to badmouth Microsoft or work for some of its competitors and in return will receive a payout for unvested stock in the company, according to a regulatory filing.
Microsoft has announced that the Windows Store has crossed the 100,000 app threshold, mere days after the company's big Build conference and a scant eight months after the launch of Windows 8.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 BlackBerry Passport review: A smartphone going nowhere
- 2 Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A flagship at 4.6-inches
- 3 Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 4 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
- 5 TomTom Runner Cardio GPS watch
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Digital rights groups ask ITU to stay out of net neutrality debate
- FTC appoints privacy researcher Soltani as chief technologist
- Complaints mount about Yosemite crippling Wi-Fi
- One week after patch, Flash vulnerability already exploited in large-scale attacks
- Candidates for EU's data protection job heard by the European Parliament
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSales Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTTechnical Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | Sales ManagerNSW
- CCConsumer Product Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW