Microsoft is supporting cross-platform development like never before, introducing tools to port iOS and Android apps to Windows and allow software to run across multiple form factors, from smart phones to virtual reality headsets.
A third horse is emerging in the tablet market as pioneer Apple faces competition from Microsoft as the launch of Windows 10 nears.
ZenBook UX305 is a Windows Ultrabook that copies the MacBook Air’s look, but not its price.
From Cortana to the fancy new Start menu, you won't want to miss these Windows 10 features.
Microsoft will open its first retail flagship store outside of the US in Sydney as it competes against the shop presences of Apple and Samsung
The Venue 10 7000 from Dell and the Surface 3 from Microsoft share a few things in common: they will ship in a few weeks, are marketed as tablets that can be used as laptops, and start at $499. But they offer different advantages.
Once upon a time not so very long ago, Microsoft was widely considered the very antithesis of open-source software. Steve Ballmer called Linux "a cancer," and Bill Gates shared similar views about the open-source philosophy in general.
Microsoft is looking beyond 4K with Windows 10 and bringing 8K support to the OS, years before TVs, monitors and content for that display resolution become widely available.
Raspberry Pi 2 has been the only announced option for enthusiasts looking to make electronics using Microsoft's upcoming Windows 10, but Qualcomm is now offering its DragonBoard 410c as an alternative.
Although Microsoft will let pirates upgrade to Windows 10, the company's not giving them a free pass, the company confirmed today.
Microsoft will offer a free upgrade to Windows 10 to users running pirated copies of earlier editions.
Windows 10 will arrive this summer, and Microsoft is tapping an unlikely partner to help test it: Chinese Android handset maker Xiaomi.
Microsoft is out to kill passwords by providing an option to log in to its upcoming Windows 10 OS, applications and Web services via fingerprint, face or iris detection.
One day, Microsoft promises, you won't need a password to log in to your Windows 10 PC. That promise is Windows Hello, which will use your face or fingerprint as your passport for Windows and the web.
If Windows 10 is key to Microsoft's effort to succeed in mobile, then the universal app platform is the technology that could make that happen. It promises to bring developers the cross-device nirvana they have long sought from Microsoft, but there a...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- XCOM 2's eagerly anticipated Long War 2 total conversion mod released in Steam Workshop
- Prices plummet for AMD's beastly Radeon Pro Duo graphics card ahead of Vega's release
- Resident Evil 7 joins Microsoft's ambitious Play Anywhere program for PCs and Xbox One
- Sniper Elite 4 preview: More sniping, less shooting
- Halo Wars 2 campaign preview: Polished, pretty, but not as exciting as Blitz mode
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- TPDynamics CRM Technical Delivery ManagerVIC
- FTLinux Systems EngineerQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Financial Planning - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTSenior Front End Web DeveloperNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTEnterprise Sales ManagerACT
- TPDigital Business AnalystNSW
- CCNetwork Security Engineer - Cisco ISEVIC
- CCIT Risk Specialist (Assurance) - TelcoVIC
- TPChange ManagerNSW
- CCApplication PackagerVIC
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- FTIT Field EngineerNSW
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCICT Strategy ConsultantNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- TPMS Dynamics Post Implementation BAQLD
- FTTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- FTJunior Software DeveloperQLD
- FTFull Stack PHP DevelopersQLD