Healthy sales of Windows 7, Office 2010 and Xbox 360 consoles propelled Microsoft to US$5.41 billion in net income for its first fiscal quarter of 2011, a 51 percent increase from the same period a year before.
A new variant of the Koobface worm that targets Mac OS X and Linux as well as Windows is spreading through Facebook, MySpace and Twitter, security researchers warned today.
A new Firefox vulnerability reported on Tuesday affects primarily users of the browser on older versions of Windows, security firm Trend Micro has determined.
Microsoft is at work on its new operating system, Windows 8, which will reportedly be released in 2012. Leaks continue to focus on the project, including that it will be a 128-bit version of Windows with facial recognition software.
Enterprises now in the midst of migrating to Windows 7 are unlikely to repeat that same work in just two years with Windows 8, an analyst said today.
With an ever-growing number of distractions that are fighting for your attention throughout the day, it’s more important than ever to be as productive as possible when you’re actually on the job. With that in mind, we’ve dug up the best Windows tric...
Microsoft is updating the server version of its Windows operating system to give the OS more virtualisation capabilities.
It's hard to believe, but Windows 7 is just turning one year old. And what an impressive first year the operating system enjoyed, receiving almost universal praise from critics and users alike. Of course, even the most nimble, secure, and versatile O...
Just as you were getting comfortable with Windows 7, it looks like Windows 8 is coming in the next two years. In a post celebrating the one-year anniversary of Windows 7 -- the fastest selling OS in history -- Microsoft's Dutch Web site briefly menti...
If you use Linux on your company's desktop or server computers, you're already familiar with many of the security advantages the open source operating system offers over its Windows and Mac rivals. What many people don't realize, however, is that Lin...
When Windows 7 launched, Microsoft was almost apprehensive about trumpeting it too much. Following the Windows Vista debacle, Microsoft was understandably gun-shy about overt bragging that might come back to haunt them in some clever Apple marketing ...
Light up the candles. Windows 7 turns 1 today. Happy birthday to an OS that debuted in the worst of a recession and went on to exceed expectations, racking up approximately 240 million licenses to date.
Microsoft Thursday said more than 240 million Windows 7 licenses have been sold during the first year of the operating system's availability, a record the company says makes it the fastest selling OS in history.
On the eve of the first anniversary of Windows 7's launch, Microsoft today said the operating system has exceeded its expectations.
To compete with Apple's iPhone and the Android army, Microsoft needed to pull out all the stops to sell Windows Phone 7 to the masses. Windows Mobile has a miserable reputation as being not user-friendly and slow. Throw in the Microsoft Kin failure, ...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung sees 2016 profit jump despite Note 7 debacle
- Microsoft's first Creators Update features for Xbox One focus on Home, Guide, Copilot
- Google wants to bring smart tools to Raspberry Pi-like boards
- How to create and restore an image backup in Windows 10
- Microsoft revives free Windows 10 upgrade for SMBs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- TPFunctional Business AnalystQLD
- CCIT Risk Specialist (Assurance) - TelcoVIC
- TPIT Procurement OfficerQLD
- TPICT Project CoordinatorQLD
- FTLevel 2 Help Desk SupportNSW
- TPSQL Server DeveloperNSW
- FTTSM SpecialistNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Transformation projectsSA
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & Lending - Brisbane Based RoleVIC
- CCSystem EngineerSA
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Linux Systems AdministratorNSW
- FTMicrosoft Systems EngineerVIC
- CCTechnical Support ConsultantVIC
- FTSalesforce Technical Business AnalystQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & LendingQLD
- CCIntegration DeveloperNSW
- FTProject Manager - Sunshine Coast LocationQLD
- FTBI Report DeveloperQLD