Microsoft yesterday urged users of older Office suites to install and run a complicated tool to protect themselves against ongoing attacks exploiting an unpatched bug in Adobe's Flash Player.
Internet Explorer 9 is officially here. But, IE9 is only compatible with Windows 7 and Windows Vista, so two-thirds of the PCs in the world can't take advantage of it.
Microsoft will launch Internet Explorer 9 (IE9), the first upgrade to its browser since 2009, Monday night at 9 p.m. PT.
Internet Explorer 9 will be officially available Monday, March 14. Microsoft has a dominant, but dwindling stake in the overall browser market, led by Internet Explorer 8. The reality, though, is that there is virtually no chance that Internet Explor...
Microsoft on Thursday confirmed a delay to the Windows Phone 7 update that includes cut and paste, but the company said it is still on track to deliver an even bigger update by the end of the year.
Microsoft today announced it would launch Internet Explorer 9 (IE9) on Monday, March 14.
While it sounds miniscule next to Apple's App Store and its more than 350,000 apps, the Windows Phone Marketplace now offers 9,000 apps and games and is growing by an average of 100 apps a day.
Microsoft today shipped three security updates that patched four vulnerabilities in Windows and Office.
In the same week that Apple released version 2 of its iPad tablet PC arch rival Microsoft is rumoured to be delaying its own version of Windows for tablets until late next year.
“Friends don't let friends use Internet Explorer 6," Microsoft said this week in launching a new site that tracks the progress of pushing IE6 market share below one per cent.
Microsoft today launched a deathwatch for its 10-year-old Internet Explorer 6 browser, saying it wanted to "see IE6 gone for good."
After resuming the update to Samsung Windows phones on Wednesday, Microsoft is running into problems again.
Qualcomm on Tuesday said it is stepping up its software efforts as its chips begin supporting more operating systems, including Microsoft's upcoming Windows OS, which will be targeted at mobile devices, tablets and PCs.
Microsoft has often come up short in its attempts to thaw out relations with open source communities, but the company seems to have found success with PHP developers.
A few months ago, Gianugo Rabellino traded his Linux and Mac PCs for a Windows 7 laptop, left the open source company he founded and moved to Redmond for a new job with Microsoft. His goal: improve Microsoft's credibility within open source circles.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Asus unveils Zenbo, a cute robot for the home priced at $599
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 review: The new people's champion topples Titans
- Powerful gaming PC backpacks are becoming a thing as VR craze swells
- Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1080 launches with limited stock, no custom-cooled variants
- Review: DJI’s Phantom 4 drone makes high-flying tech easier (video)
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- CCMicrosoft System Engineer - NV1ACT
- CCSenior Change AnalystNSW
- CCSenior BA - Enterprise DataNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- FTSenior Business Analysts - Payments or Disaster RecoveryVIC
- FTInfrastructure Specialist - Sec Ops Network & OSAsia
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Marketing SystemsNSW
- CCOracle DBA | 3-6mth ContractVIC
- CCProjects Resource/ Workforce ManagerVIC
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCService Provider Manager - DesktopVIC
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- CCNV1 Consultant | Groundbreaking Defence decision support applicationACT
- CC12 months + 2x12 months | $80/hr | NV1 Project Manager | Large govt departmentACT
- CCDeployment Engineer / IT AuditorQLD
- FTBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160606/AP/251Asia
- FTBusiness Systems Architect - Technical LeadershipWA
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCSecurity Administrative Support OfficerACT
- CCContract Programmer (MS SQL Server/SQL/Web) 160518/P/626Asia
- CCTechnical Digital Producer / Requirements EngineerNSW
- CCBPM / Java DeveloperNSW