Microsoft is jumping on the one-swipe mobile payment bandwagon by introducing Near Field Communications (NFC) technology to Windows Phone 7, according to online rumors. NFC would allow Phone 7 users to pay for items such as subway tickets, groceries ...
Internet Explorer 9 (IE9) is the most power-efficient browser on the planet, Microsoft claimed this week.
While Microsoft prepares Windows 8 for the tablet wars, it's also reportedly taking a page from Mac OS X with a feature called "History Vault."
A stripped-down version of Windows designed by Microsoft for thin clients is now available for customers to download and evaluate.
Microsoft has released a Windows update that adds support for India's new rupee symbol, but the update excludes a significant number of users who still run Windows XP, according to analysts.
Microsoft yesterday urged users of older Office suites to install and run a complicated tool to protect themselves against ongoing attacks exploiting an unpatched bug in Adobe's Flash Player.
Internet Explorer 9 is officially here. But, IE9 is only compatible with Windows 7 and Windows Vista, so two-thirds of the PCs in the world can't take advantage of it.
Microsoft will launch Internet Explorer 9 (IE9), the first upgrade to its browser since 2009, Monday night at 9 p.m. PT.
Internet Explorer 9 will be officially available Monday, March 14. Microsoft has a dominant, but dwindling stake in the overall browser market, led by Internet Explorer 8. The reality, though, is that there is virtually no chance that Internet Explor...
Microsoft on Thursday confirmed a delay to the Windows Phone 7 update that includes cut and paste, but the company said it is still on track to deliver an even bigger update by the end of the year.
Microsoft today announced it would launch Internet Explorer 9 (IE9) on Monday, March 14.
While it sounds miniscule next to Apple's App Store and its more than 350,000 apps, the Windows Phone Marketplace now offers 9,000 apps and games and is growing by an average of 100 apps a day.
Microsoft today shipped three security updates that patched four vulnerabilities in Windows and Office.
In the same week that Apple released version 2 of its iPad tablet PC arch rival Microsoft is rumoured to be delaying its own version of Windows for tablets until late next year.
“Friends don't let friends use Internet Explorer 6," Microsoft said this week in launching a new site that tracks the progress of pushing IE6 market share below one per cent.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- How to delete and disable location history in the Windows 10 Creators Update
- Staples is selling a color laser printer for $75
- Optane Memory review: Why you may want Intel's futuristic cache in your PC
- Microsoft offers Gmail users some key Outlook features, but only via Windows 10
- What's wrong with Microsoft To-Do: 8 things lacking in Wunderlist's replacement
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPReports Developer SSRS / SSISVIC
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystACT
- CCNetwork Solution Architect - PresalesNSW
- CCSenior Full-Stack Developer (Digital Transformation Project)QLD
- FTFull Stack DeveloperQLD
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTHealthcare Application Integration Support - Brisbane BasedWA
- TPChange ManagerNSW
- FTBI Report DeveloperQLD
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Student Management SystemQLD
- FTPMO CoordinatorACT
- CCSenior Project Manager - Applications - Data ReportingNSW
- FTElectronic Payments POS Business Analyst - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCSenior Network Architect l CCNP/CCIE R&S l Cisco ACINSW
- FTProject Manager- RiskSA
- FTSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- TPOrganisational Change ManagerQLD
- CCSAP FIORI Technical SpecialistQLD
- CCSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCTechnical Consutlant - Entry Level - HPSMWA
- TPWeb DeveloperSA
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerQLD
- FTIT Service Owner - Supply Chain TechnologiesNSW
- CCTechnical Consutlant - Entry Level - HPSMNSW
- CCService Delivery Analyst -Port MacquarieNSW