A stripped-down version of Windows designed by Microsoft for thin clients is now available for customers to download and evaluate.
Microsoft has released a Windows update that adds support for India's new rupee symbol, but the update excludes a significant number of users who still run Windows XP, according to analysts.
Microsoft yesterday urged users of older Office suites to install and run a complicated tool to protect themselves against ongoing attacks exploiting an unpatched bug in Adobe's Flash Player.
Internet Explorer 9 is officially here. But, IE9 is only compatible with Windows 7 and Windows Vista, so two-thirds of the PCs in the world can't take advantage of it.
Microsoft will launch Internet Explorer 9 (IE9), the first upgrade to its browser since 2009, Monday night at 9 p.m. PT.
Internet Explorer 9 will be officially available Monday, March 14. Microsoft has a dominant, but dwindling stake in the overall browser market, led by Internet Explorer 8. The reality, though, is that there is virtually no chance that Internet Explor...
Microsoft on Thursday confirmed a delay to the Windows Phone 7 update that includes cut and paste, but the company said it is still on track to deliver an even bigger update by the end of the year.
Microsoft today announced it would launch Internet Explorer 9 (IE9) on Monday, March 14.
While it sounds miniscule next to Apple's App Store and its more than 350,000 apps, the Windows Phone Marketplace now offers 9,000 apps and games and is growing by an average of 100 apps a day.
Microsoft today shipped three security updates that patched four vulnerabilities in Windows and Office.
In the same week that Apple released version 2 of its iPad tablet PC arch rival Microsoft is rumoured to be delaying its own version of Windows for tablets until late next year.
“Friends don't let friends use Internet Explorer 6," Microsoft said this week in launching a new site that tracks the progress of pushing IE6 market share below one per cent.
Microsoft today launched a deathwatch for its 10-year-old Internet Explorer 6 browser, saying it wanted to "see IE6 gone for good."
After resuming the update to Samsung Windows phones on Wednesday, Microsoft is running into problems again.
Qualcomm on Tuesday said it is stepping up its software efforts as its chips begin supporting more operating systems, including Microsoft's upcoming Windows OS, which will be targeted at mobile devices, tablets and PCs.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Apple has sold 1 billion iPhones
- Pokémon Go craze shows Apple an augmented reality future
- Samsung’s massive 15TB SSD can be yours -- for about $10K
- Warning: The new Marvel: Ultimate Alliance PC ports are a disastrous mess
- After delays, Lenovo finally ships its first OLED laptop
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Configuration ManagerACT
- FTApplication Support AnalystSA
- FTFull stack (back end focus) Java Developer | Defence | NV1ACT
- FTNetwork Infrastructure SpecialistSA
- CCSenior Project OfficerACT
- CCProject Manager, Credit CardsNSW
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Contracts Officer/Procurement -Governmen BckgrndNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst (ERP)NSW
- FTDefence Network Architect | NV2ACT
- FTIT Helpdesk (Microsoft)NSW
- CCBusiness Analyst / BillingNSW
- CCSOA -Solution Architect -baselineACT
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT
- CCIP Test Analyst - Baseline Security ClearanceVIC
- CCMac (iOS) Support Engineer - $30 p/h - Three Year ContractNSW
- CCTest CoordinatorQLD
- CCDigital Project Manager, AgileNSW
- CCApplication Service TechnicianVIC
- FTIdentity Systems Analyst / Solution DesignerACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - Logistic and TransportVIC
- CCDatabase developer/ModellerACT
- FTProject Coordinator- NSW Government - reform BackgroundNSW