The National Security Agency (NSA) recently published a report, "Best Practices for Keeping Your Home Network Secure" (PDF) in which it makes numerous recommendations designed to help home computer users avoid malware and other common problems.
Microsoft today said it will patch a critical bug in its Windows server software and two other vulnerabilities in PowerPoint, the presentation maker bundled with Office.
Microsoft will invest in the BlackBerry platform from Research in Motion, becoming the default search provider in BlackBerry browsers and maps, Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer said during a surprise keynote appearance at BlackBerry World today.
Microsoft has issued a release candidate of Windows Thin PC, a stripped-down version of Windows 7 for thin clients, and will make the software widely available by the end of this quarter.
Apple has the largest app store by a long shot: Currently iPhone users can choose from 350,000 apps. But how many apps do people really use -- and should the size of the Apple App Store sway your next smartphone purchase? It shouldn't.
The March launches of Internet Explorer 9 (IE9) and Firefox 4 failed to stop Microsoft's and Mozilla's decline in browser share, new Web usage data published Sunday showed.
Apple's iOS, the mobile operating system that powers the iPad and iPhone, has more than doubled its share of the worldwide operating system market over the past 10 months.
Microsoft may still dominate the operating system market, but Linux and Apple's Mac OS platforms were the fastest-growing in 2010, according to new data from Gartner.
After May 12, Microsoft will no longer be the subject of antitrust oversight as U.S. Department of Justice lawyers have agreed to let the 10-year-old settlement between the United States and Microsoft expire.
While Microsoft has not announced the release date, or even the official name, of its follow-up to Windows 7, an early pre-beta version of the OS has surfaced on the Internet, the second version to appear within a month.
Windows 7 has expanded its lead over Windows Vista with more than 350 million licenses sold after 18 months on the market, Microsoft said Friday. But Windows XP, older than both Vista and 7, still captures about half of the desktop operating system m...
IBM says it will support servers running Microsoft Windows on one of its mainframe platforms by the end of this year.
Microsoft today released a pair of security advisories for Chrome, the browser built by rival Google.
Windows 8 rumors have been floating around for some time, but recently an early build of Windows 8 was leaked, providing a sneak peek at what the next flagship OS from Microsoft might have to offer. One of the cool features that have been uncovered s...
Microsoft plans to turn on the Windows Update spigot for Internet Explorer 9 (IE9) on Monday, April 18.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- Smartwatches wear out their welcome with Motorola
- The mysteries of the GPU in Apple's iPhone 7 are unlocked
- Apple reportedly betting on drones and indoor data to make Maps better
- Apple now takes your old Apple Watch for free recycling
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCDevelopment Manager / Engineering Manager - Canberra RoleVIC
- FTSenior C++ EngineerACT
- TPAEM Developer (frontend)NSW
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerVIC
- FTDevelopment Manager / Engineering Manager - Canberra RoleACT
- CCSenior Web Content AuthorACT
- CCJava API DeveloperTAS
- FTSenior Software EngineerWA
- CCActive Directory EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Solutions Architect -Cloud /Work Location - CanberraNSW
- FTSenior AEM Support AnalystVIC
- FTChange ManagerNSW
- CCNetwork Support EngineerNSW
- TP.NET Developer (Sitecore)QLD
- FTServicing Financial Planner - CBDVIC
- FTProject Manager - Process Transformation / AutomationNSW
- CCSecurity Administrator - CheckpointVIC
- CCSenior Platform Developer/ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Organisational Change ManagerNSW
- TPFull Stack .NET DeveloperWA
- CCTraining Coordinator - Sydney CBD (Urgent!!)NSW
- CCConsumer Social Specialist / Campaign Manager (Digital)VIC
- TPSenior Business Analyst - HRISQLD
- CCSAP HR & Payroll Project ManagerACT
- FTTechnology Portfolio - Performance AnalystACT