With Microsoft celebrating the first birthday of Windows Azure, few people are as well equipped to discuss the cloud platform's strengths and limitations as Joannes Vermorel.
Mac OS X gained share last month by the largest amount since March 2010, while iOS, the operating system that powers the iPhone and iPad, passed two per cent for the first time, a Web metrics vendor said Tuesday.
Revenues from Windows plummeted 30 per cent last quarter compared to the same period the year before, Microsoft said on Thursday.
You may have heard that the HTC HD2 can be hacked to run both the Windows Phone 7 OS and the Android OS. But now it can run both...at the same time!
Attack code for a Windows vulnerability that Microsoft patched last week was released by a researcher one day after the company fixed the flaw.
Nearly a month after it yanked an Outlook 2007 update over connection and performance problems, Microsoft this week re-released the patch to correct its mistakes.
The departure of long-time Microsoft executive Bob Muglia is a troubling sign because he was held in high esteem by the firm's technical talent, an analyst said today.
From Battle.net chat channels to master leagues, stalemate detection, and a new 'extreme' graphics option, the latest StarCraft II patch is here and it's a doozy.
Fujitsu demoed its next-generation tablet at the Consumer Electronics Show. It came as no surprise, as the company has long been a player in highly mobile and slate-style products--especially ones aimed at corporate and vertical markets in previous p...
Microsoft today turned to a new defensive measure to help users ward off ongoing attacks exploiting a known bug in Internet Explorer (IE).
Microsoft today patched three vulnerabilities in Windows, one that could be exploited by attackers who dupe users into visiting a malicious Web site.
Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer said Monday that he has decided to replace Bob Muglia as the head of the Server and Tools Business, and that Muglia will leave Microsoft this summer instead of taking on a new role at the company.
You knew this was coming.
More than 80 tablet computers were shown at the four-day International Consumer Electronics Show, and one expert predicted some wouldn't last beyond the event.
Microsoft's announcement yesterday at CES that its next version of Windows will run on the ARM chip architecture was the wrong message at the wrong place, said an industry analyst.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC One (M9) review: The weakest One in the trilogy
- 2 Google Nexus 9 review: The best of Google and HTC
- 3 Subaru WRX Premium CVT review: A wolf in sheep’s clothing
- 4 Oppo R5 review: Among the most innovative of smartphones
- 5 Apple Mac Mini review: A Macintosh that's easy on the wallet
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Acer to bring Chrome OS to an all-in-one PC, as vendors experiment
- Samsung Galaxy S6, S6 Edge pricing: Vodafone vs Optus vs Telstra vs Virgin
- Smaller, lower-priced Microsoft Surface 3 tablet coming in May
- In a haystack of data, Alation helps find the needle
- Apigee aims to unify IoT with APIs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Ad Operations ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Ad Operations ManagerQLD
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
- FTDigital Producer - ConsumerNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- FTDigital Producer - Mobile AppsNSW
- FTProduct Producer | MobileNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CC.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTCRM Campaign ManagerNSW
- FTMarketing Executive | MusicNSW
- FTMedia Sales Executive - Client Side!!NSW
- FTEmail Campaign Manager - leading fashion group!NSW
- CCInformation ArchitectNSW
- FTMobile Sales managerNSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- CCMobile iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Release EngineerNSW
- FTDigital Communications Specialist | Internet Services| BrisbaneNSW
- FTAgency Sales Manager - Software Sales - Major Global Tech Company!NSW
- FT.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW