Don't shed a tear for Windows RT, the neutered operating system cursed to be the red-headed stepchild of the Windows family (to Windows Phone's great relief). While the OS's rocky birth has since led to an even rockier childhood, its very existence i...
Microsoft's Windows 8.1 Preview does much to improve Metro, but little to make Windows 8 more attractive to either new or longtime Windows users
Tablets, led by the iPad, have the potential to shake up the comic-book industry even more than ebook readers have begun to change the world of prose books.
Acer's Iconia W510 is a 16:9, widescreen Windows 8 tablet with a nicely-designed keyboard dock. When sidled down and locked into said dock, the W5 appears and functions as a small, netbook-sized laptop. Alas, the W5 dock is a pricey option--the $750 ...
Ah, Vegas. It's the place where dreams are realized, and hearts are shattered. As such, probably no more appropriate venue exists to showcase the massive gamble that is Windows RT, Microsoft's first tablet-focused operating system, and the first Wind...
Among the raft of recent and upcoming Microsoft upgrades, Windows 8 towers in importance but its chances for success remain cloudy among enterprise customers.
Windows 8 may not be the easiest operating system to use, but no one can accuse it of being stingy. If you poke deep inside the new OS, you'll find a generous assortment of software tools, many of which make third-party utilities redundant.
Social media is now embedded in our business workflows, our shopping habits, and our news sources. So it's no wonder that Microsoft infused social media features into its Windows 8 contacts app, People. The message is clear. Since social media is omn...
Windows 8 comes preloaded with plenty of apps for basic productivity and entertainment, but they're not necessarily the best you can do. We've already mentioned the apps you should download first, but now we want to share some third-party apps that y...
Windows 8 is rife with features and behaviors that conspire to perplex even the most experienced PC users. Not all of them are bad, per se, but few of them are immediately intuitive. Making matters worse, the OS was primarily designed for touch contr...
Microsoft's radical shift to touch-centric computing in Windows 8 is far from the only difference between the new operating system and its predecessor.
With the official launch of Windows 8 on the imminent horizon, PC manufacturers have announced a diverse array of new hardware. The problem with all of the desktop options is that they lack the one peripheral device they need to work effectively with...
If you have a PC, chances are it runs too slowly for your tastes. Over time, your computer slows down due to all the virtual junk that accumulates in there.
Windows is on the verge of dropping below 90% market share, with smartphones and tablets posing an increasingly serious threat to Microsoft's dominance of the operating system market.
Microsoft is easing in to 2011 with a light Patch Tuesday for January. There are only two security bulletins this month, and only one of those two is rated as Critical by Microsoft.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- 11 Easy tips to keep yourself and your children safe online
- The Division review
- Need for Speed PC Review
- Asus ROG teases a massive gaming notebook that outperforms Titan X
- Dell's 4-screen multimonitor setup looks like one enormous 43-inch display
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTInfrastructure Specialist VMwareNSW
- FTSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Marketing SystemsNSW
- FTSharepoint Developer - O365NSW
- CCBPM / Java DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Test AnalystQLD
- CCWeb DeveloperACT
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- CCSystem Engineer - Server Migration experienceNSW
- CCSystems Engineer- VMware / Cisco UCSNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/Orcale/MySQL) 160531/SA/253Asia
- CCSolutions Architect - SAP HANAQLD
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Contributions TaxNSW
- CCData Migration Quality Manager- SAP ECCNSW
- CCPHP / Magento E-Commerce DeveloperNSW
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW
- CCService Provider Manager - DesktopVIC
- CCNetwork Engineer | DC Relocation |VoIP Refresh | CCNA | CCNPNSW
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- CCNetwork Architect VoiceNSW
- CCSenior Program DirectorNSW
- CCIT Environment and Deployment SpecialistQLD
- CCFull Stack Developer - AngularNSW
- CCProject Manager NetworksNSW