Microsoft's quest to make a name for itself in the high-performance computing world took a step forward this week with a new beta version of Windows HPC Server that Microsoft says will improve scalability and simplify supercomputing.
Windows server 2008
Microsoft is ending its support for Intel's Itanium processor with the current version of its Windows Server OS, according to a Microsoft blog posting Friday.
The year is 1975. Gerald Ford is in the White House, South Vietnam falls, Muhammad Ali defeats Joe Frazier in the "Thrilla in Manila" world championship boxing match, the late-night comedy show NBC's Saturday Night (later called Saturday Night Live) ...
Microsoft today announced service packs for both Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2, but declined to set a release date or a schedule for getting a beta in users' hands.
Microsoft late last week said it won't patch Windows XP for a pair of bugs it quashed Sept. 8 in Vista, Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 2008.
It has been a week since hackers released software that could be used to attack a flaw in Windows Vista and Server 2008, but Microsoft and security companies say that criminals haven't done much with the attack.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- Smartwatches wear out their welcome with Motorola
- The mysteries of the GPU in Apple's iPhone 7 are unlocked
- Apple reportedly betting on drones and indoor data to make Maps better
- Apple now takes your old Apple Watch for free recycling
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCPerformance Test AnalystQLD
- FTTechnology Portfolio - Investment AnalystACT
- CCSEM / PPC SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- CCSystem EngineerNSW
- CCProject Finance Analyst (Contract)VIC
- CCCX Performance & Insights AnalystNSW
- TPBI DeveloperSA
- FTSAP Team Lead - Configuration ManagementACT
- FTDesktop/Laptop Deployment TechnicianNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst / Solutions Design - LogisticsNSW
- CCData Scientist (Big Data)VIC
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Banking/Financial ServicesNSW
- FTIteration ManagerSA
- CCQuality and Testing Assurance SpecialistNSW
- TPBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- TPSenior Test Analyst - Data ReconciliationQLD
- FTChange and Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCService Desk Consultant - Must have baseline or NV1 clearanceNSW
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerVIC
- FTSoftware DeveloperQLD
- CCInfrastructure ManagerNSW
- CCProject Manager DW BINSW
- FTPrincipal Product Manager | Cloud | Managed ServicesNSW
- TPJava Developer - ContractQLD