Nokia's sales of smartphones running Windows Phone continued to grow in the first quarter, and its net loss shrank year on year, even as overall revenue declined.
Microsoft's top executive for mobile phones has taken shots at both iOS and Android , calling Apple's operating system "boring" and claiming Google's is "a mess".
Blackberry will have to work harder to get the word out about its new Blackberry 10 operating system and smartphones, if a research firm's findings are any indicator.
If that headline sounds familiar, it's because I wrote a similar one back in January about Speek for iOS. It's an app that brings conference-call creation and management to your smartphone.
Nokia has today announced that its latest Windows Phone, the Lumia 720, will be available in Australia in the coming weeks.
Unity Technologies has opened a beta program for Windows Phone 8 apps, and is inviting experienced developers to start testing.
For Windows Phone 8 users, the wait for an official Pandora app is finally over. The streaming music service released a free Windows Phone 8 app today--and it includes several goodies you won't find in the Pandora apps available for other platforms.
The latest version of the Skype for Windows Phone 8 Preview has support for HD video calls on some phones and reinstated integration with the People hub.
Nokia has expanded its Lumia portfolio with the 520 and 720. The Lumia 520 is the company's cheapest Windows phone to date at €139 (US$184), and comes as the company is under pressure to increase sales volumes.
ZTE smartphones based on Firefox OS along with Nokia's new Windows Phone-based devices will share the spotlight at this year's Mobile World Congress with next-generation network technologies that offer higher download speeds and help operators combat...
Ever since the iPhone debuted in 2007, Microsoft has struggled to adapt to the quickly changing smartphone world--and company Chairman Bill Gates knows it.
Nokia has today announced that its new, low cost Lumia 620 Windows Phone will launch in Australia on Friday 22 February.
Nokia swung to a net profit during the fourth quarter, as it sold a growing number of Windows Phone-based smartphones.
Microsoft has released the software development kit for Windows Phone 7.8, and the company is expected to roll out the update to users at the end of January.
Nokia is embracing the 3D printing community by releasing files that will let smartphone users create their own custom shells.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Facebook Messenger testing Snapchat-style disappearing messages for iOS
- Disney files patent for near instantaneous 3D printing
- Galaxy Note 6 rumors hint at IR autofocus, USB-C connectivity, new Snapdragon SoC
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare goes full sci-fi with space-based gunfights
- LG shows off a smartphone display panel with integrated fingerprint reader
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160422/AP/544Asia
- CCContract Contract Junior Programmer (JUD-16493-4)Asia
- CCMS Biz Talk ConsultantNSW
- CCIBM MDM SpecialistVIC
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCICT Project Manager - Contact Centre/Telephony FocusNSW
- CCSystem admin with SQL server experience | Defence-wide project | NV1 neededACT
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- CCMicrosoft Server EngineerWA
- FTSenior Change Manager - Capital MarketsNSW
- CCNV1 | System admin with SQL server experience for Defence Application SupportACT
- FTSolution Architect (Guidewire Billing Center)NSW
- CCInfra Project Manager-Data Center, Cloud, Storage, NetworkNSW
- FTPMO AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- FTSenior Application SpecialistACT
- FTGentrack ConsultantVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager, SoftwareNSW
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Prince2 & PMBoK shop | Huge project pipelineACT
- CCSenior Implementation AnalystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/Unix) 160509/AP/395Asia
- CCData Management & Reporting Development OfficerSA
- CCNetwork DesignerVIC
- FTTechnical Lead (Guidewire Policy Center)NSW