Windows Phone is getting better voice and chat features thanks to upgraded applications from Facebook and Viber -- and that's key if Microsoft wants its OS to gain share.
Microsoft's voice-activated digital assistant Cortana is coming to China in a beta version nicknamed "Xiao Na", as part of several new functions packed into a Windows Phone 8.1 update.
Australians will be able to walk into an Optus, Telstra or Vodafone store and buy Nokia’s upcoming Lumia 930 flagship next week.
Nokia’s flagship Lumia 930 will go on sale this July at Telstra, Vodafone and Optus. The 5in smartphone is among the first to run Windows Phone 8.1, is the second Nokia to come with a quad-core CPU and has a 20 megapixel PureView camera. Good Gear Gu...
India has become the battleground for a new generation of low-cost smartphones, with Google, Microsoft and Mozilla all hoping to lure new users onto their platforms and services.
Microsoft-owned Nokia has unveiled a new Android smartphone as it aims to make Google users reliant on Microsoft’s services.
Nokia is investing in Android following with the release of its Z launcher. The company’s investment in the Android operating system follows the sale of its Devices business to Microsoft.
As they battle for dominance in the cut-throat smartphone category, vendors are betting that luxury-evoking designs and features such as better front cameras will get consumers to open their wallets.
The latest version of Xamarin's namesake development platform has additional support for iOS and more features for sharing code across the Apple OS, Android and Windows.
The first smartphone carrying Windows Phone 8.1 starts shipping this week in Asia, even as Microsoft continues tweaking that latest version of its mobile OS.
Microsoft-owned Nokia aims to build its Windows Phone market share with the launch of the cheap Lumia 630. The smartphone will compete against the popular Motorola Moto G when it goes on sale from the 27 of May for $249.
Now that Microsoft has finally closed its acquisition of Nokia's devices and services business the company needs to accelerate efforts to attract more developers, help cut the cost of smartphones running Windows Phone and make sure its new employees ...
Critics have derided Microsoft's $US7.5 billion acquisition of Nokia's Devices and Services business but the deal may be closing at the perfect moment -- during a slowdown in smartphone innovation.
In a matter of days, Samsung’s new Galaxy S5 will be sold in stores. It’ll sit alongside HTC’s One (M8), which was released but ten days earlier. Sony’s Xperia Z2 will follow shortly, along with Nokia’s recently unveiled Lumia 930. The tech-savvy wil...
Nokia is giving developers the tools to write Windows Phone apps that lets users do more with their photos, like combine shots taken with the front and back cameras.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's vision for LinkedIn is about tying its business data into Office and other services
- Facebook's Year in Review for 2016 isn't just fun and games
- AMD's Radeon Software Crimson ReLive debuts with features galore
- Intel, Microsoft renew 'Wintel' partnership with Project Evo and VR specs for PCs
- New Windows 10 Insider Build allows you to shut down your PC with your voice
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCApplication Specialist (Cerner) - Brisbane BasedNSW
- TPDevelopers and TestersACT
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- CCSenior Performance Test AnalystNSW
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)SA
- FTSystems AdministratorVIC
- CCProject Manager - Procurement System ImplementationNSW
- FTDevOps/L2 Support EngineerVIC
- FTFinancial AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSenior PMO Coordinator, FinanceNSW
- CCSystems Administrator :SCCMWA
- CCSenior Automation TesterSA
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkNSW
- CCPMO CoordinatorNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- TPIT Document Writer And TrainerVIC
- FTPMO Lead/ ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Architect, Financial MarketsNSW
- FTIdentity Management Team LeaderVIC
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTDigital Delivery and Engagement OfficersVIC
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTProject Manager - Security Operations CentreVIC