Windows Phone is getting better voice and chat features thanks to upgraded applications from Facebook and Viber -- and that's key if Microsoft wants its OS to gain share.
Microsoft's voice-activated digital assistant Cortana is coming to China in a beta version nicknamed "Xiao Na", as part of several new functions packed into a Windows Phone 8.1 update.
Australians will be able to walk into an Optus, Telstra or Vodafone store and buy Nokia’s upcoming Lumia 930 flagship next week.
Nokia’s flagship Lumia 930 will go on sale this July at Telstra, Vodafone and Optus. The 5in smartphone is among the first to run Windows Phone 8.1, is the second Nokia to come with a quad-core CPU and has a 20 megapixel PureView camera. Good Gear Gu...
India has become the battleground for a new generation of low-cost smartphones, with Google, Microsoft and Mozilla all hoping to lure new users onto their platforms and services.
Microsoft-owned Nokia has unveiled a new Android smartphone as it aims to make Google users reliant on Microsoft’s services.
Nokia is investing in Android following with the release of its Z launcher. The company’s investment in the Android operating system follows the sale of its Devices business to Microsoft.
As they battle for dominance in the cut-throat smartphone category, vendors are betting that luxury-evoking designs and features such as better front cameras will get consumers to open their wallets.
The latest version of Xamarin's namesake development platform has additional support for iOS and more features for sharing code across the Apple OS, Android and Windows.
The first smartphone carrying Windows Phone 8.1 starts shipping this week in Asia, even as Microsoft continues tweaking that latest version of its mobile OS.
Microsoft-owned Nokia aims to build its Windows Phone market share with the launch of the cheap Lumia 630. The smartphone will compete against the popular Motorola Moto G when it goes on sale from the 27 of May for $249.
Now that Microsoft has finally closed its acquisition of Nokia's devices and services business the company needs to accelerate efforts to attract more developers, help cut the cost of smartphones running Windows Phone and make sure its new employees ...
Critics have derided Microsoft's $US7.5 billion acquisition of Nokia's Devices and Services business but the deal may be closing at the perfect moment -- during a slowdown in smartphone innovation.
In a matter of days, Samsung’s new Galaxy S5 will be sold in stores. It’ll sit alongside HTC’s One (M8), which was released but ten days earlier. Sony’s Xperia Z2 will follow shortly, along with Nokia’s recently unveiled Lumia 930. The tech-savvy wil...
Nokia is giving developers the tools to write Windows Phone apps that lets users do more with their photos, like combine shots taken with the front and back cameras.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's pricey Surface Book is getting stomped by the ancient Surface Pro 3
- Android TV's universal search feature finally works with Netflix
- Facebook takes on critics with political bias class
- Kodi dives into hardware with a Raspberry Pi 3 case perfect for low-cost HTPCs
- What iOS 10 can tell us about the new iPhone
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCTenable Security - Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTProject ManagerACT
- CCTechnical Content ProducerVIC
- FTIT Support Analyst (Renewal Contract)Asia
- FTContent Manager - Migration projectNSW
- CCITSM ConsultantNSW
- CCService Desk AnaystNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCInside Sales Specialist / Customer Service - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCTechnical Writer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCSoftware & Hardware Asset Management - 2 rolesNSW
- CCTelecommunications Operations Support officerACT
- FTEnterprise Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- CCSystem AnalystACT
- CCSenior Developer - AWS Cloud HSMNSW
- FTMobility Developer x 2 - iOS and Android positions available!NSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (IT Security/IT Audit) 160621/ITA/361Asia
- CCProject Manager - IT SecurityNSW
- CCICT PreSales SpecialistVIC
- CCImplementation ManagerNSW
- CCLead Solution Analyst - BMC Remedy softwareVIC
- CCMaster Scheduler - IT Infrastructure ProgramsNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Clinical SystemsSA