An HTC exec may have inadvertently confirmed that Windows Phone 7 is coming in October.
Mobile application developers will now have access to the full suite of Microsoft's Windows Phone 7 tools following the release of the company's final Windows Phone 7 Developer Tools.
Windows Phone 7 devices coming this fall will initially work with GSM carriers such as AT&T and T-Mobile, but will not include carriers of CDMA technology, which include Verizon Wireless and Sprint Nextel.
Well, well -- it looks like Apple isn't the only phone-maker saying no-no to the naughty-naughty.
Microsoft's Windows Mobile OS will regain some of the smartphone market share it has lost recently - but will still be in last place in 2014, according to research firm IDC's Worldwide Quarterly Mobile Phone Tracker.
Telstra and Microsoft gave journalists tantalising glimpses this week of how and when the software giant's upcoming range of Windows Phone 7 handsets might launch in Australia -- but without adding any real substantive meat to their local launch plan...
Microsoft is preparing for the launch of its new Windows Phone 7 mobile operating system and Marketplace app store by releasing the final version of the Windows Phone Developer Tools on 17 September.
Microsoft says that it has more than 300,000 downloads of beta tools for developers creating applications for its Windows Phone 7 app store, which is set to compete with the app-laden marketplaces for the iPhone and Android phones.
The Windows Phone Developer Tools have been downloaded more than 300,000 times, Microsoft said, as the company prepares to offer a new application store and mobile operating system.
Microsoft unveiled the first wave of games for the Windows 7 smartphone operating system on Tuesday at the GamesCom 2010 conference in Cologne, Germany.
HTC-related leaks are coming quick and fast at the moment. First we were fed the apparent specs of HTC's Desire HD smartphone, otherwise known as the HTC Ace. A day later the tech world was abuzz with the release of an alleged hands-on video of the D...
South Korea's LG Electronics will launch its first smartphone designed around Microsoft's Windows Phone 7 software by the end of September and will follow with more by the end of the year, a company representative said Wednesday.
Microsoft announced a broader release of the latest build of its Windows Phone 7 mobile operating system, and it's getting good reviews from developers. The company also says it started shipping thousands of prototype handsets to software developers ...
Making a critical move in mobile application development, Microsoft on Monday shipped a beta version of its Windows&nbsp; Phone 7 Developer Tools, but early reaction from some developers was tepid.
Lose your phone much? If so, you may want to consider one running Windows Phone 7 (WP7) for your next replacement.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
- Seagate ST1000LX001 review
- Report: Microsoft could debut Xbox One game streaming stick and 'Xbox TV' at E3
- This sticker can wirelessly charge your smartphone or tablet
- Microsoft breaks own design rules in dupe-the-user Windows 10 upgrade tactic
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTLinux System EngineersNSW
- FTAgile Implementation LeadNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst, SuperannuationNSW
- CCTransition Project ManagerNSW
- CCSystems Engineer - NV2ACT
- CCOracle DBA | 3-6mth ContractVIC
- CCTechnical PM - Magento E-Commerce SolutionNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCTechnical Digital Producer / Requirements EngineerNSW
- CCApplication Server AdminACT
- CCLMS Administrator and e- Learning Development Project OfficerSA
- CCMicrosoft System Engineer - NV1ACT
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Technical LeadACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Integration Solution ManagementVIC
- CCDeemed Order Business SpecialistVIC
- CCSAP Project ManagersNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- CCBusiness Analyst, Service Performance, RetailNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst or Information AnalystNSW
- CCAWS Developer/LeadNSW
- FTTester/Business AnalystWA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160606/AP/251Asia
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL/Web) 160519/AP/453Asia
- FTAX Lead Functional ConsultantNSW