An HTC exec may have inadvertently confirmed that Windows Phone 7 is coming in October.
Mobile application developers will now have access to the full suite of Microsoft's Windows Phone 7 tools following the release of the company's final Windows Phone 7 Developer Tools.
Windows Phone 7 devices coming this fall will initially work with GSM carriers such as AT&T and T-Mobile, but will not include carriers of CDMA technology, which include Verizon Wireless and Sprint Nextel.
Well, well -- it looks like Apple isn't the only phone-maker saying no-no to the naughty-naughty.
Microsoft's Windows Mobile OS will regain some of the smartphone market share it has lost recently - but will still be in last place in 2014, according to research firm IDC's Worldwide Quarterly Mobile Phone Tracker.
Telstra and Microsoft gave journalists tantalising glimpses this week of how and when the software giant's upcoming range of Windows Phone 7 handsets might launch in Australia -- but without adding any real substantive meat to their local launch plan...
Microsoft is preparing for the launch of its new Windows Phone 7 mobile operating system and Marketplace app store by releasing the final version of the Windows Phone Developer Tools on 17 September.
Microsoft says that it has more than 300,000 downloads of beta tools for developers creating applications for its Windows Phone 7 app store, which is set to compete with the app-laden marketplaces for the iPhone and Android phones.
The Windows Phone Developer Tools have been downloaded more than 300,000 times, Microsoft said, as the company prepares to offer a new application store and mobile operating system.
Microsoft unveiled the first wave of games for the Windows 7 smartphone operating system on Tuesday at the GamesCom 2010 conference in Cologne, Germany.
HTC-related leaks are coming quick and fast at the moment. First we were fed the apparent specs of HTC's Desire HD smartphone, otherwise known as the HTC Ace. A day later the tech world was abuzz with the release of an alleged hands-on video of the D...
South Korea's LG Electronics will launch its first smartphone designed around Microsoft's Windows Phone 7 software by the end of September and will follow with more by the end of the year, a company representative said Wednesday.
Microsoft announced a broader release of the latest build of its Windows Phone 7 mobile operating system, and it's getting good reviews from developers. The company also says it started shipping thousands of prototype handsets to software developers ...
Making a critical move in mobile application development, Microsoft on Monday shipped a beta version of its Windows&nbsp; Phone 7 Developer Tools, but early reaction from some developers was tepid.
Lose your phone much? If so, you may want to consider one running Windows Phone 7 (WP7) for your next replacement.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's vision for LinkedIn is about tying its business data into Office and other services
- Facebook's Year in Review for 2016 isn't just fun and games
- AMD's Radeon Software Crimson ReLive debuts with features galore
- Intel, Microsoft renew 'Wintel' partnership with Project Evo and VR specs for PCs
- New Windows 10 Insider Build allows you to shut down your PC with your voice
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCIT Project ManagerQLD
- FTBusiness Intelligence Technical AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness Specialist - TelcoQLD
- FTInfrastructure ConsultantQLD
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCTechnical Change Manager- Electrical Network EngineeringSA
- CCProgram Business Change Director - HR PayrollNSW
- CCApplication Specialist (Cerner) - Brisbane BasedNSW
- FTSenior Consultant/ArchitectNSW
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedQLD
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- FTPaid Search SpecialistNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTTechnology Portfolio - Performance AnalystACT
- FTMid Level .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTJava Developers X 2QLD
- FTTechnology Solutions Architect - CloudVIC
- CCService Desk Consultant - SYDNEY ROLE (baseline clearance)ACT
- FTDevelopment Manager / Engineering Manager - Canberra RoleACT
- FTProject Manager - Security Operations CentreVIC
- CCProduct OwnerNSW
- FTAGILE Implementation ManagerNSW
- CCProject Coordinator / Specialist / Analyst - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW