Three developers have released software that allows Windows Phone 7 users to "sideload" applications onto their phones, giving access to applications that have not been approved by Microsoft.
Microsoft has started letting developers build and release applications for Windows Phone 7 using Visual Basic, potentially opening the door to more applications on the new smartphone platform.
Microsoft's beta was full of shocking omissions, and what shipped is even worse - but there's a glimmer of hope.
You know how in monster movies, the lumbering creature always manages to outrun the frantically running victim? That seems to be Microsoft's hope in competing with Apple: Despite a late start and slow development, it will crush the iPhone out of shee...
Borrowing the classic Marlon Brando line from the movie On the Waterfront, Microsoft "coulda been a contender." The problem is that Microsoft has made a number of mistakes and omissions with the highly-anticipated Windows Phone 7 platform that greatl...
Consumers can't get enough of Windows Phone 7, according to reports of strong customer demand Tuesday. T-Mobile, one of two U.S. wireless carriers currently offering Win Phone 7 devices, can't keep the Win Phone 7-based HTC DH7 in stock (it sold out...
While Apple has major momentum in the mobile application developer space, there is room for other companies to steal Apple's thunder, according to an analyst report released earlier this month.
As the first U.S. Windows Phone 7 handsets go on sale Monday, Nov. 8, Microsoft shrewdly has created an application environment that will make the phones instantly useable for many of the e-mail, social networking, photo, video and work tasks people ...
As expected, Windows Phone 7 doesn't have a lot of apps at launch, but new data suggests the count is growing quickly.
Many businesses will not be able to support Microsoft's Windows Phone 7 operating system, which began shipping in the U.S. today. Like the competing Google Android, Windows Phone 7 does not support on-device encryption to protect data stored on it. M...
As of today, the first of the Windows Phone 7 smartphones are available from T-Mobile and AT&T. The launch of Windows Phone 7 is the result of a complete reboot of Microsoft's mobile OS and kicks off its attempt to regain relevance in the very co...
The iPhone will be losing some of its popularity among developers, advertisers, and publishers next year as the app makers try to diversify their offerings to other platforms.
Microsoft is really working the "save us from our phones" angle for Windows Phone 7, claiming that its platform is 20 per cent more efficient than rivals like the iPhone and Android. Computerworld reports on internal Microsoft research, which found t...
Pre-orders for Windows Phone 7 handsets in some European markets have already sold out, according to some news reports. The issue seems to be the collision of high consumer interest with small inventories, at least of some of the new phones.
One noteworthy omission from Microsoft's new Windows Phone 7 OS was Twitter integration, but not any more. Twitter introduced its official client for the platform, featuring the same swoosh user interface reviewers raved about last week. The app will...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCICT Infrastructure Specialist - (Network Engineer)ACT
- CCAndroid and iOS DevelopersVIC
- CCProject Manager IT infrastructureACT
- CCIT Solution DesignerNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectNSW
- CCSAP ABAP ProgrammersACT
- FTJava Full Stack Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCService EngineerVIC
- CCContract System Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/SA/881Asia
- FTTechnical Lead (C#/.Net)NSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCProject Manager & Coordination OfficerACT
- CCIT Service Deliver & Improvement ManagerACT
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- CCProgrammer/Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Moblie) 160115/AP/P/vhaAsia
- CCIT Hadoop DevelopersQLD
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Enterprise Software SolutionNSW
- FTProgram ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- FTFull Stack & Mobile EngineersNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst (Telecommunications) / Melb CBDVIC
- CCChange CoordinatorNSW