Windows Phone 7 users looks set to be able to enjoy Angry Birds on their handsets after the game's developer Rovio confirmed it was planning a version for Microsoft's mobile platform
Dell's roadmaps for tablets and smartphones have apparently been leaked, and the listings show devices running on yet-to-be-released Google Android and Microsoft software. Among these devices, a vertical QWERTY slider phone with the next-generation ...
Ouch! According to Jorma Ollila, chairman of Nokia's board, there will be no Windows 7 phones from the once-mighty phone maker until 2012. At least that's what Ollila told Finnish TV, which Reuters picked up.
Microsoft and RIM are making moves to assist application developers building for the vendors' respective handheld platforms, with Microsoft updating developer tools for Windows Phone and RIM upgrading a simulator for the upcoming RIM PlayBook tablet.
An analyst's open letter to Nokia's CEO, a former Microsoft executive, has triggered intense speculation that the Finnish phone maker will adopt Windows Phone 7 as the firmware for at least some of its struggling smartphone line.
Have you ever looked at a Windows Phone 7 device and thought that its UI offered a refreshing little change from the typical grid-based icon-and-folder view found in other mobile OS's?
The Android mobile operating system thoroughly dominates the U.S. consumer smartphone market, while Microsoft's new Windows Phone 7 OS is off to a slow start, according to a new survey by market researcher The NPD Group. And while Apple's share of th...
The first expected Windows Phone 7 firmware update is due to be released next Monday, if you believe some English language tech Web sites, which are reporting on rumors from French tech Web sites, which appear to be based on even earlier rumors from ...
A Microsoft executive said this week the company shipped more than 2 million copies of its revamped operating system, Windows< Phone 7, in the most recent quarter. The careful admission at once triggered another spasm of misconstrued, misinterpreted,...
Microsoft has reportedly traced the cause of random, high spikes in data usage by some Windows Phone 7 handsets to a widely accessed "third-party solution." Microsoft is working with that so-far unidentified vendor, according to SeattlePI.com.
Microsoft has announced that its manufacturing partners have sold more than 1.5 million Windows Phone 7 devices since the mobile platform's launch six weeks ago. Achim Berg, Microsoft's vice president of marketing and business for Windows Phones, mad...
Nokia and Microsoft are reportedly discussing an alliance that would lead to Nokia-branded smartphones running the Windows Phone 7 mobile operating system. The claim comes from respected Russian tech blogger Eldar Murtazin, the man behind many of the...
Google's lead Android developer Andy Rubin tweeted that the company is activating more than 300,000 Android phones each day. This equates to more than 9 million Android phones activated per month, despite reports that the platform's activation number...
We all knew Microsoft's Windows Phone 7 would have a hard time catching up with the leading contenders in the smartphone arena, and now there's yet another fresh batch of evidence suggesting that it can't.
I use an iPhone 4. I upgraded to the iPhone 4 from an iPhone 3GS. However, prior to making the switch to the iPhone I relied on Windows Mobile smartphones for years. With all of the excitement generated by Windows Phone 7, though, I felt it was worth...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft reinstates My People for Windows 10, connecting you to your BFFs
- This overclocked EVGA GTX 1050 Ti costs less than reference models
- This week in games: Forza Horizon 3 gets Hot Wheels, Terry Crews gets a wild Old Spice PC
- Radeon owners rebel when AMD drivers stealth drop Quake Champions links on desktops
- Surface sales sag and Windows Phones fade, as Microsoft's hardware business takes a hit
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTCapacity ManagerACT
- FTNetwork Solution Architect - PresalesNSW
- FTSenior Sales Operations AnalystNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- TPSoftware Licensing SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Sales Operations AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystACT
- TPProject ManagerQLD
- CCNetwork Architect - SecurityVIC
- FTSenior IT Domain SpecialistVIC
- FTIT/Digital Project ManagerNSW
- FTAsst. Director - Claim AnalysisACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCVDI EngineerACT
- FTProject Coordinator ($280-$300 per day)NSW
- FTRegional Market Manager - Wide Bay RegionQLD
- FTFront End .Net Developer. Permanent jobACT
- FTTest Analyst - HCMSNSW
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW
- CCSenior Project OfficerNSW
- FTSolution Architect - SecurityVIC
- CCOracle CCB DesignerVIC
- TPMaster Portfolio SchedulerVIC
- TPEducation TechnologistNSW
- FTIntegration DeveloperWA