The U.S. Navy is paying Microsoft millions of dollars to keep up to 100,000 computers afloat because it has yet to transition away from Windows XP.
Microsoft has kicked off the Windows 10 public testing period, but the company wants the fearless enthusiasts willing to participate in the Insider Program to be aware of a number of things before they jump in.
Humbled by businesses' dislike for Windows 8, Microsoft has issued a mea culpa, offered the world a first peek at Windows 10 and pledged that the new OS will delight IT executives. But the true test of whether Microsoft can move past its Windows 8 mi...
After spending the past two years in damage control mode over Windows 8, Microsoft will officially begin a new era for its OS on Tuesday, when it's expected to unveil a preview of Windows' next major version during an event focused on enterprise cust...
Companies that want to migrate large numbers of users from Windows XP, which Microsoft stopped supporting last month, now have some help with a free tool from CA Technologies.
Microsoft may have retired Windows XP, but one of China's leading security vendors is trying to keep the OS threat-free, and rolling out protection software to hundreds of millions of users in the nation.
For the kickoff of Microsoft's annual North American TechEd conference, the company is urging administrators and IT professionals to think of it as the provider of the "Cloud OS."
Asustek has announced it will soon begin U.S. shipments of an all-in-one PC that can be an Android 4.1 tablet, or a fully functional desktop running Windows 8 when attached to a docking station.
Microsoft has identified 13 PC resellers based in Shanghai that it claims have been distributing counterfeit versions of its Windows OS, and the company could take legal action against them if a settlement isn't reached.
Microsoft likes to talk about Windows 8 as being Windows "reimagined," and in many ways it is quite a departure from its predecessors. To allow the operating system's use across a range of touchscreen devices, Microsoft radically redesigned the look ...
Kicking off what may be the company's most challenging marketing effort yet, Microsoft has launched its next generation operating system, Windows 8, in New York City.
In 2011, the increasingly mobile and socially networked world of technology became more intertwined than ever with politics and the law. Patent wars shaped competition in tablets and smartphones, hacktivists attacked a widening array of political and...
Is Microsoft using a next-generation computing boot-loading technology to lock out the use of Linux and other OSEs on certain computers? While Microsoft has denied malicious intent, one Red Hat developer maintains that this may be the case.
Microsoft will post the first developer preview beta of Windows 8 late on Tuesday, the company announced as it showed off the new OS running on a Samsung tablet.
On the Windows computer of the future, live tiles will replace icons, touch-based gestures will replace mouse clicks and semantic zooming will replace the arduous traversal through nested menus and folders.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 2 LED Lenser P7R Professional Torch review
- 3 Aftershokz Wireless Trekz Titanium Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headphones review
- 4 Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
- 5 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Parrot Mambo Drone review
- Logitech K780 Wireless Keyboard review: One fantastic keyboard for your computer, phone, and tablet
- Microsoft confirms Windows 10 adoption slowdown
- Sonos comes to the Apple store, but what does that mean for Beats speakers?
- Microsoft-Nissan partnership treats cars like PCs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCService Desk analystSA
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCNetwork Design Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- CCLAN ConsultantWA