First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
An Ultrabook with a touchscreen that offers good speed and features for a reasonable price
An 11.6in hybrid tablet with a digitiser pen and long battery life
The VivoTab 810 is an Atom-based Windows 8 tablet that can do double duty as a laptop
Samsung's Core i5-based Windows tablet performs well and is enjoyable to use
The Envy X2 is a two-in-one product: it can be used as a tablet or as a notebook thanks to the supplied dock
The Envy Touchsmart 4 has a 14in touchscreen, but it's a heavy Ultrabook and it could use a better configuration
The Satellite L850 is a good all-rounder, but it's perhaps a little too expensive for what it is
The ASUS Taichi 21 makes the notebook-to-tablet conversion as easy as closing the lid
Medion's latest Akoya features a modular drive bay and great specs, but is let down by poor input devices
This Windows 8 hybrid Ultrabook is a tablet that can be transformed into a laptop thanks to a sliding screen mechanism
Dell's XPS 12 convertible can be used either as a laptop or as a tablet thanks to a clever hinge design
The ASUS Vivo Book F202 brings the Windows 8 touch experience to the low-end of the PC market
ASUS serves up a two-screen laptop that also doubles as a slate device
The Aspire S7 Ultrabook will turn heads with its lovely design and excellent 13.3in touchscreen display
Latest News Articles
- Facebook reports a big sales jump, helped by mobile ads
- SSD prices for hybrids, ultrathin laptops to flatten next year
- IBM aims to disrupt supercomputing market with cloud enticements
- Arrests made after international cyber-ring targets StubHub
- Low-cost Android tablets to get 4K video with Allwinner 64-bit chip
Most Popular Articles
- 1 What does an NBN connection look like in a new home?
- 2 Buying guide: Ovens, cooktops and freestanding cookers (upright ranges)
- 3 The most disturbing YouTube videos of all time
- 4 Tethering tutorial: How to use your iPhone as a modem
- 5 How to connect your iPhone to your TV
GGG Evaluation Team
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
- Notebooks View all »
- Tablets View all »
- Mobile Phones View all »
- TVs View all »
- Digital Cameras View all »