Here is our wish list of things we’d love to see in an update or service pack for Windows 8.
Like any computer operating system, Windows 8 can fall over. Luckily, there is an easy way to diagnose the cause of most crashes.
Dell remains committed to Microsoft's Windows RT, despite the poor market reception to the OS and a decline in prices of related tablets.
Microsoft is planning to develop a 7in Surface tablet to compete with Apple's iPad mini and the Google Nexus 7, according to The Wall Street Journal.
ASUS has released a triple threat of a machine that should do well to confuse lots of non-technical people (and even many techies). Its Transformer All-in-one desktop product looks like a regular all-in-one PC, but there is something special about it...
Following on the heels of an updated Windows 8 Music app from Microsoft, the software maker's BFF in the mobile space has released its own Windows 8 modern UI jukebox. Nokia Music is now available from the Windows Store as a free download, providing ...
Prices of Windows RT devices have started falling, signaling an attempt by PC makers to quickly clear out stock after poor adoption of tablets and convertibles with the operating system.
While there’s a lot more going on under hood, touch control is the singular Windows 8 feature that fundamentally changes how you interact with your notebook, tablet, or desktop PC.
The Windows 8 Metro application ecosystem is evolving. Here are 17 early entrants worth adding to your tablet or PC
Ubisoft’s Rayman Jungle Run can now be played on all platforms that support Windows 8 and Windows RT. The game is a port of Rayman Jungle Run that came out earlier on iOS and Android smartphone, and has racked up more than 1,500,000 downloads.
Acer plans to release a Windows RT tablet this year as it looks to aggressively expand its lineup of mobile devices, including smartphones.
As everybody knows, the Start button is not included in Windows 8, and Microsoft has vowed not to put it back. If you’d rather not be forced to use the full-screen, tile-based UI, called Modern, here are five alternative programs that install on Wind...
Although Microsoft likes to say the Surface Windows 8 Pro is a full-blown PC, it's not nearly as repairable as a typical laptop.
Microsoft's Surface RT tablet has a sales problem, according to new analyst estimates. Despite the almost omnipresent Surface RT advertising blitz that has been blanketing television screens for months now, IHS iSuppli believes that only 680,000 to 7...
Microsoft will ship the Surface Windows 8 Pro tablet with an Intel Core i5 processor on Feb. 9, with prices starting at US$899.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- Civilization VI review: Learning from some (but not all) of history's mistakes
- Dyn attack: US Senator wants to know why IoT security is so anemic
- Apple's Q4 2016 results: Better than expected with 45.5 million iPhones sold, but revenue continues to slide
- DDoS attack shows dangers of IoT 'running rampant'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTMid to senior Java Software EngineerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - Site MoveNSW
- CCProject Manager - DigitisationQLD
- CCIT Risk ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Digital DesignerNSW
- FT.NET DEVELOPER | MID LEVEL | MEDIA INDUSTRYNSW
- TPCRM Business AnalystVIC
- CCSAP ERP ArchitectNSW
- FTGraduate Software Consultant - SQL Server programming skillsACT
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior IT Project ManagerVIC
- TPSolution Architect - PortalWA
- CCeCommerce Project ManagerNSW
- CCSOE EngineerACT
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 161019/JP/552Asia
- TPJunior Project ManagerSA
- FTSoftware Development ManagerNSW
- FTMobile Delivery Manager / Studio LeadNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 161101/AP/162Asia
- CCNetwork AdministratorVIC
- CCFull Stack Java DevelopersNSW
- CCQlikview DeveloperNSW
- FTSolution Architect - Application IntegrationQLD
- TPSAP Project ManagerSA