The head of Microsoft's Windows development confirmed Friday that Windows 7 will take the unusual path of moving straight from a single beta, which was launched earlier this month, to a release candidate.
Windows Me may not have had much going for it, but it has one claim to fame: it was the last major release of Windows to come in a single edition, or SKU.
A Windows enthusiast is calling for Microsoft to release Windows 7 now, only a few weeks after the company made available the software's first public test version.
Technical advisers to the antitrust regulators who monitor Microsoft's compliance with a 2002 antitrust settlement will test Windows 7 "more thoroughly" than earlier versions of the operating system, according to a recently-released status report fil...
Microsoft has extended the general availability of the Windows 7 beta until Feb. 10 due to the software's popularity, the company said.
Microsoft on Saturday ditched the download limit on Windows 7 beta, saying that users will be able to grab the preview through January 24 -- even if the total exceeds the 2.5 million cap it had set earlier.
Two video connectors can be found on nearly every PC, monitor or graphics card in use today. Developed 21 years ago by IBM, the analog VGA (Video Graphics Array) clings on, despite the rise of the (DVI) Digital Visual Interface, which is tailored for...
Microsoft made the Windows 7 beta available for public download Saturday after its servers were overwhelmed by users trying to download the operating system.
Good news: the next version of Microsoft's Windows OS appears to be less of a resource hog than Windows Vista.
The rumors turned out to be true. Microsoft will release a public beta this week of its next desktop operating system, Windows 7, hoping it will address the problems that have made Windows Vista perhaps the least popular OS in its history.
Microsoft Corp. will offer free or discounted Windows 7 upgrades to users who buy <a href="http://www.computerworld.com/action/inform.do?command=search&searchTerms=Microsoft+Windows+Vista">Vista</a> PCs after July 1, according to a Web site that ...
Downloads of a new build of Microsoft's upcoming Windows 7 operating system have soared in the past two days, with thousands of systems now pulling pirated copies from BitTorrent sites.
Attendees at next month's Consumer Electronics Show (CES) could get the first public look at Windows 7, the next version of Microsoft's client OS.
Pirated copies of a Windows 7 build pegged by many as the beta Microsoft will release next month have leaked to the Internet, according to searches at several BitTorrent sites.
The first generation of solid-state drives (SSDs) introduced in PCs last year failed to live up to the hype.
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Acer Swift 7
Google Daydream VR headset
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® Portable SSD
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HP Pavilion x360 13”
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Surface Pro 4
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- This $450 Core i5 laptop from HP costs less new than used
- AMD bundles Ashes of the Singularity with FX processors ahead of Ryzen's launch
- AT&T jumps on the unlimited data bandwagon with $100 per month plan
- Apple may cut the (charging) cord completely with the iPhone 8
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCIT Procurement OfficerNSW
- FTFull stack Developer - Senior (Java or C# and AngularJS) x 3QLD
- TPTechnical WriterVIC
- CCCyber Security ArchitectNSW
- TPService Desk Analyst - Level 1VIC
- CCApplication Solution Designer (Automation) - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTPart Time - IT Service Desk AnalystVIC
- CCSalesforce - Functional Analyst (BA)NSW
- FTSenior Business Project ManagerNSW
- TPFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTJava Developer/IntegratorACT
- FTMonitoring Tools Support l NimSoft , SMARTS, ehealth, TivoliNSW
- TP.Net DeveloperSA
- TPImplementation Business Partner - Business ModernisationNSW
- CCUI UX AnalystWA
- TPSystem AdministratorVIC
- TPDeployment Specialist (DevOps)QLD
- CCSenior consultant/ Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness Test Lead - BRT/UATNSW
- FTData AnalystQLD
- TPMicrosoft Analyst ProgrammerSA
- CCContract - System Access Administrator - major Telco in MelbourneVIC
- FTSolutions Software DeveloperVIC
- FTSecurity Solutions Architect - Consultancy - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerACT