Microsoft Corp. will issue a public release candidate of Windows 7 in May, according to the company's Web site.
Windows 7 is the first Microsoft OS developed away from the watchful eye of Bill Gates, and the technical leaders who built it had to adjust to life at the company without its cofounder and former chief software architect, CEO Steve Ballmer said Thur...
Microsoft Corp. will deliver a release candidate of Windows 7 to the public in late May, according to a report from a noted Windows Web site.
A Windows 7 build that may be the first release candidate has leaked to the Internet, according to several file-sharing sites.
New laptop and desktop designs are on tap as PC and hardware makers start tweaking components to take advantage of improved features in Microsoft's upcoming Windows 7 OS.
Microsoft patched the first critical vulnerability in Windows 7 Tuesday as it rolled out an update that fixes three flaws in the new operating system's kernel.
Microsoft next month plans to release a toolkit to help business customers begin testing their existing applications for compatibility with Windows 7.
About a year ago on its Redmond, Washington, campus, a member of Microsoft's Windows Vista team met with a group of journalists to face some tough questions about the OS.
Weeks after making its case for why enterprises should dump Windows XP for Windows Vista, Microsoft talked up the merits of its upcoming operating system, Windows 7, for large businesses.
Microsoft has updated Windows 7 beta to fix an unknown number of reliability bugs in Internet Explorer 8 (IE8), but the company stopped short of saying that the browser now matches the release candidate it has already delivered to users of Windows XP...
Microsoft will turn Windows 7's background picture black and put up persistent notices on the screen if users don't activate the new operating system, a company manager said Monday.
Microsoft will test Windows 7 beta's update mechanism this week by feeding users as many as five fake updates, the company said last week.
Microsoft last week made its best -- and perhaps final -- case as to why companies should consider upgrading to Windows Vista, even as successor Windows 7 looms on the horizon.
Downgrade rights for Windows 7 will be "hugely important," an analyst said Thursday, but he's not optimistic that Microsoft will let users continue to install Windows XP on new machines.
Microsoft warned enterprise customers this week that the migration path from XP to Windows 7 won't be any easier than it is to Vista, and offered recommendations for how companies can move from older versions of Windows to one of its newer client OSe...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- Battlefield 1 review: Familiar multiplayer wedded to a brilliant WWI campaign
- Microsoft rescues disheveled lady Skypers with its TeleBeauty virtual makeup app
- Samsung releases super-high-capacity 8GB DRAM
- Mars lander goes silent, but scientists remain hopeful
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTJava Developer - Canberra RoleNSW
- CCSenior Developer - C++/Perl/PythonNSW
- CCJava DeveloperNSW
- FTKronos AdministratorNSW
- CCSAP Finance Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Technical SpecialistVIC
- FTAgile Front End Developer- HTML5 & CSS3NSW
- CCL1 Desktop Support - 3 days a weekNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCApplication Support DeveloperVIC
- FTData Governance Project Manager | 6 month ContractNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - PIMAsia
- CCContract IT Helpdesk Support (Lotus Notes) 161007/ITHS/vmpAsia
- CCSenior Siebel Business AnalystACT
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCPOS EngineerNSW
- FTCRM Developer - MS Dynamics CRMNSW
- FTMobile DeveloperAsia
- CCInformation Security Consultant - RSA ArcherNSW
- CCAccounts Payable/Contract Officer- NSW Government backgroundNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Oracle/Unix/WebLogic) 161020/SA/693Asia
- CCJava Developers - Federal Government experienceNSW
- CCData ScientistVIC