Microsoft Corp. will issue a public release candidate of Windows 7 in May, according to the company's Web site.
Windows 7 is the first Microsoft OS developed away from the watchful eye of Bill Gates, and the technical leaders who built it had to adjust to life at the company without its cofounder and former chief software architect, CEO Steve Ballmer said Thur...
Microsoft Corp. will deliver a release candidate of Windows 7 to the public in late May, according to a report from a noted Windows Web site.
A Windows 7 build that may be the first release candidate has leaked to the Internet, according to several file-sharing sites.
New laptop and desktop designs are on tap as PC and hardware makers start tweaking components to take advantage of improved features in Microsoft's upcoming Windows 7 OS.
Microsoft patched the first critical vulnerability in Windows 7 Tuesday as it rolled out an update that fixes three flaws in the new operating system's kernel.
Microsoft next month plans to release a toolkit to help business customers begin testing their existing applications for compatibility with Windows 7.
About a year ago on its Redmond, Washington, campus, a member of Microsoft's Windows Vista team met with a group of journalists to face some tough questions about the OS.
Weeks after making its case for why enterprises should dump Windows XP for Windows Vista, Microsoft talked up the merits of its upcoming operating system, Windows 7, for large businesses.
Microsoft has updated Windows 7 beta to fix an unknown number of reliability bugs in Internet Explorer 8 (IE8), but the company stopped short of saying that the browser now matches the release candidate it has already delivered to users of Windows XP...
Microsoft will turn Windows 7's background picture black and put up persistent notices on the screen if users don't activate the new operating system, a company manager said Monday.
Microsoft will test Windows 7 beta's update mechanism this week by feeding users as many as five fake updates, the company said last week.
Microsoft last week made its best -- and perhaps final -- case as to why companies should consider upgrading to Windows Vista, even as successor Windows 7 looms on the horizon.
Downgrade rights for Windows 7 will be "hugely important," an analyst said Thursday, but he's not optimistic that Microsoft will let users continue to install Windows XP on new machines.
Microsoft warned enterprise customers this week that the migration path from XP to Windows 7 won't be any easier than it is to Vista, and offered recommendations for how companies can move from older versions of Windows to one of its newer client OSe...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 2 LED Lenser P7R Professional Torch review
- 3 Aftershokz Wireless Trekz Titanium Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headphones review
- 4 Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
- 5 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- Hackers have a treasure trove of data with the Yahoo breach
- The so-called Universal Stylus Initiative launches without the three biggest players
- Facebook, Twitter, YouTube get in on presidential debates
- More than half of PCs don't have Windows 10 AU yet, and no one's quite sure why
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCWAN Architect and ConsultantWA
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- CCDesktop Infrastructure SpecialistACT
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCNetwork Design Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC