Microsoft has begun yanking the long-lambasted "Get Windows 10" nag software from Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 PCs.
In what appears to be a reversal of its January position, Microsoft now says that Skylake PCs running Windows 7 and Windows 8 will be covered through the normal support periods.
In what appears to be a dramatic change to Microsoft's downgrade policy, a spokeswoman says that the time to revert back to an earlier version of Windows is now just 10 days.
If you're trying to sneak in under the gun and upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 before the free upgrade offer expires, we can walk you through the process.
Business users alarmed by Microsoft's recent announcement that new chips will not run on Windows 7 PCs need not fret. More than 100 business PCs coming with Intel's new "Skylake" Core vPro processors will run Windows 7, though the chips are tuned for...
It's almost like the Windows 10 restriction was completely arbitrary from the get-go.
If you’re going for an immediate upgrade to Windows 10 from your Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 computer, this guide will get you up to speed as quickly as possible.
Here’s what’s noteworthy in the upcoming version of Microsoft’s browser.
The European Commission is expected to announce an antitrust fine on Microsoft on Wednesday.
Microsoft has simplified its versioning system, which was much too complex. Instead of up to nine different options with Windows 7, Windows 8 comes in Home, Professional and Enterprise.
In 2011, the increasingly mobile and socially networked world of technology became more intertwined than ever with politics and the law. Patent wars shaped competition in tablets and smartphones, hacktivists attacked a widening array of political and...
A lot has happened since 2001. Technology evolves rapidly, and you won't find many instances of someone using the same technology today that they used a decade ago. Yet, Windows XP just turned 10 years old and many businesses and users still rely on ...
A majority of enterprises have migrated to Windows 7 or are planning to do so. But for Windows XP holdouts ready to side-step Windows 7 for the upcoming Windows 8 OS, you are risking a gap in support, stresses research firm Gartner in a new "first ta...
With Microsoft's big BUILD conference right around the corner on September 12, people are buzzing about the Windows 8 news that's sure to come, and for the last couple of weeks, Microsoft has been parceling out information. So far, the features we’ve...
The Apple Mac is steadily grabbing market share, but Windows-based systems continue to dominate the worldwide personal computer market, according to a new Gartner study.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Twitter said to plan 300 more job cuts this week
- Nissan, Renault tout plans to make 10 autonomous vehicles by 2020
- Apple releases watchOS 3.1 update
- Apple Watch Nike+ hits the ground running on Oct. 28
- Portrait Camera now available for iPhone 7 as Apple releases iOS 10.1 update
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Architect | Perl | Linux |MySQL | Infrastructure | TelecomNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (Internet/ Intranet) 161025/JP/vhaAsia
- CCDynamics AX Functional ConsultantQLD
- CCProgram CoordinatorNSW
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- TPJava Developer -- ContractWA
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerSA
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementWA
- TPSAP Project ManagerSA
- TPAndroid Developer | Tech Start-UpNSW
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- FT.Net DeveloperVIC
- CCProject SchedulerVIC
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Finance - Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCSoftware Engineer- Linux and DevOpsNSW
- FTSystems SpecialistNSW
- FTProject Manager - Intelligent Transport SolutionsNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- CCSenior Java Analyst Programmer - Front Office TradingNSW
- CCITSM Process AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Wealth/Super backgroundNSW
- CCDigital Solutions ManagerNSW
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectNSW
- TPNetwork and Voice EngineerVIC
- TPProject CoordinatorNSW