Those wanting to try out Microsoft's next OS before its official release need to act fast: The download period for the Windows 7 Release Candidate ends Thursday.
A second post-beta build of Windows 7 has leaked to file-sharing sites on the Web, according to searches at BitTorrent trackers.
Microsoft has shut off the Windows 7 beta spigot, but will allow users who have started the download process to wrap it up by Thursday.
Microsoft has extended the general availability of the Windows 7 beta until Feb. 10 due to the software's popularity, the company said.
Microsoft Thursday extended the deadline for downloading the public beta of Windows 7 by more than two weeks, citing continued interest in the preview.
Latest News Articles
- China's Alibaba to offer mobile phone services in June
- Michaels says breach at its stores affected nearly 3M payment cards
- IT security is national security -- but you're not alone
- Exclusive: Google's Project Loon tests move to LTE band in Nevada
- Enterprise who? Google says little about Apps, business cloud services in Q1 report
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Tethering tutorial: How to use your iPhone as a modem
- 2 The most disturbing YouTube videos of all time
- 3 Buying guide: Ovens, cooktops and freestanding cookers (upright ranges)
- 4 Top 5 reasons to hate the Samsung Galaxy S5
- 5 Capacitive vs resistive touchscreens
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
- Notebooks View all »
- $599 free shipping
- $2649 free shipping
- Tablets View all »
- Mobile Phones View all »
- TVs View all »
- Digital Cameras View all »