Those wanting to try out Microsoft's next OS before its official release need to act fast: The download period for the Windows 7 Release Candidate ends Thursday.
A second post-beta build of Windows 7 has leaked to file-sharing sites on the Web, according to searches at BitTorrent trackers.
Microsoft has shut off the Windows 7 beta spigot, but will allow users who have started the download process to wrap it up by Thursday.
Microsoft has extended the general availability of the Windows 7 beta until Feb. 10 due to the software's popularity, the company said.
Microsoft Thursday extended the deadline for downloading the public beta of Windows 7 by more than two weeks, citing continued interest in the preview.
Latest News Articles
- Oracle builds on BlueKai acquisition with Data Cloud
- Apple gets patent on iTime smart watch
- Dating app Wyldfire tries to avoid creeps by letting women take the lead
- Tor Project working to fix weakness that can unmask users
- Hands on with Xiaomi's Mi 4, a high-end handset, with an iPhone look
Most Popular Articles
- 1 What does an NBN connection look like in a new home?
- 2 Buying guide: Ovens, cooktops and freestanding cookers (upright ranges)
- 3 The most disturbing YouTube videos of all time
- 4 Tethering tutorial: How to use your iPhone as a modem
- 5 Microsoft WPC 2014: Cloud message resonating with Microsoft partners
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
- Notebooks View all »
- Tablets View all »
- Mobile Phones View all »
- TVs View all »
- Digital Cameras View all »