Those wanting to try out Microsoft's next OS before its official release need to act fast: The download period for the Windows 7 Release Candidate ends Thursday.
A second post-beta build of Windows 7 has leaked to file-sharing sites on the Web, according to searches at BitTorrent trackers.
Microsoft has shut off the Windows 7 beta spigot, but will allow users who have started the download process to wrap it up by Thursday.
Microsoft has extended the general availability of the Windows 7 beta until Feb. 10 due to the software's popularity, the company said.
Microsoft Thursday extended the deadline for downloading the public beta of Windows 7 by more than two weeks, citing continued interest in the preview.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Tab S: hands-on with Samsung's 2014 flagship tablet
- 2 Fetch TV set-top box
- 3 Dell Inspiron 15 5547 laptop
- 4 Samsung NX30 camera
- 5 ASUS T100 Transformer Book hybrid
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
Latest News Articles
- Mitro makes password manager open source as team heads to Twitter
- Microsoft security tool EMET 5.0 puts a leash on plugins
- AMD A10-7800 (Kaveri) APU
- Some are twisting the facts in requests to be forgotten, Google says
- Almost 200,000 people may have been affected by US visa system crash
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
- Notebooks View all »
- $1.50 free shipping
- 78% off $2.98
- 30% off $98
- $4.21 free shipping
- Tablets View all »
- Mobile Phones View all »
- TVs View all »
- Digital Cameras View all »