Online criminals are scanning the Internet and attacking Windows 2000 machines that haven't had a recent Windows Media Service patch installed, Symantec said Wednesday.
Microsoft offers support for its products for five years and extended support for another five years. That time will soon be up for Windows 2000 (desktop and server) and Windows XP SP2: July 13 is the last day that extended support will be available.
Microsoft has re-released a buggy update that didn't properly protect some of its Windows 2000 users from a security flaw.
Microsoft took the unusual step today and skipped patching one of the vulnerabilities addressed in its monthly security update, saying that crafting a fix was "infeasible."
Mozilla Corp. is considering dropping support for Windows 2000 and the earliest versions of XP when it ships the follow-up to Firefox 3.5 in 2010, online discussions show.
Solid-state disk (SSD) drive architecture can play a big role in how fast a computer boots up and performs. But how big a role the SSDs play -- and how much faster an operating system is -- depends as much on the operating system as on the drive. Alt...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Twitter said to plan 300 more job cuts this week
- Nissan, Renault tout plans to make 10 autonomous vehicles by 2020
- Apple releases watchOS 3.1 update
- Apple Watch Nike+ hits the ground running on Oct. 28
- Portrait Camera now available for iPhone 7 as Apple releases iOS 10.1 update
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCQlikview DeveloperNSW
- TPJunior Project ManagerSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Security) 161018/AP/383Asia
- CCSenior Java Analyst Programmer - Front Office TradingNSW
- FTSenior Functional Analyst - PeopleSoftQLD
- TPBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Procurement SpecialistVIC
- FTMobile DeveloperAsia
- FTSalesforce Subject Matter ExpertNSW
- CCCisco Wi-Fi Network Engineer - SurveyorNSW
- FTSenior Oracle DBAQLD
- FTPre-Sales Consultant - HardwareVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- CC.Net Developer - AzureNSW
- CCSenior Change AnalystNSW
- CCData ScientistVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - experience in IDAM a MUSTNSW
- FTInsights AnalystNSW
- FTSystems SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - OTC DerivativesAsia
- FT.NET DeveloperNSW
- FTIT Manager - Infrastructure Strategy and OperationsNSW
- CCHuman Sciences Professional - DefenceACT
- CCSenior Web DeveloperNSW