Online criminals are scanning the Internet and attacking Windows 2000 machines that haven't had a recent Windows Media Service patch installed, Symantec said Wednesday.
Microsoft offers support for its products for five years and extended support for another five years. That time will soon be up for Windows 2000 (desktop and server) and Windows XP SP2: July 13 is the last day that extended support will be available.
Microsoft has re-released a buggy update that didn't properly protect some of its Windows 2000 users from a security flaw.
Microsoft took the unusual step today and skipped patching one of the vulnerabilities addressed in its monthly security update, saying that crafting a fix was "infeasible."
Mozilla Corp. is considering dropping support for Windows 2000 and the earliest versions of XP when it ships the follow-up to Firefox 3.5 in 2010, online discussions show.
Solid-state disk (SSD) drive architecture can play a big role in how fast a computer boots up and performs. But how big a role the SSDs play -- and how much faster an operating system is -- depends as much on the operating system as on the drive. Alt...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Surprise! Nvidia reveals a new Pascal-powered Titan X and it looks like an utter monster
- Apple faces lawsuit over AppleCare refurbished devices not being new
- Intel experiments with 3D Xpoint as it ships out SSDs to testers
- Edward Snowden has developed an iPhone case meant to kill surveillance
- Tesla wants to end fossil fuel use, make self-driving cars 10X safer
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCSenior Architect - CloudVIC
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTSAP Basis ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Contracts Officer/Procurement -Governmen BckgrndNSW
- CCLead DevOps ConsultantVIC
- FTFull stack (back end focus) Java Developer | Defence | NV1ACT
- CCService Management Specialist / ITILNSW
- FTService Desk ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Temporary Fixed TermQLD
- FTAgile Coach / Training & Support ManagerNSW
- FTChange and Release ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst (ERP)NSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- CCUX / UI Visual DesignerNSW
- CCEnvironment Support AnalystQLD
- CCCisco CCIE Certified Network EngineerWA
- CCIteration Manager/Project ManagerVIC
- CCProject Manager - Change/Transformation/Project DeliveryNSW
- CCIOS DeveloperWA
- FTDesktop Support Engineer (Renewable Contract)Asia
- FTPortal DeveloperNSW
- CCTest Lead-Agile, SCRUM, HP QC, JIRA, UX Government backgroundNSW
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- FTSCCM Applications PackagerWA