U.S. regulators are opening up spectrum that could allow for Wi-Fi services with speeds of one gigabit per second and faster.
An amendment to Sprint Nextel's subscriber terms of service points toward the carrier's expected shutdown of its 4G WiMax service.
WiMax carrier Clearwire's so-far-unfunded plan to adopt LTE faces several obstacles, but the company effectively doesn't have a choice, according to industry analysts.
So Clearwire has confirmed that it's looking to deploy an LTE network alongside its WiMax one, but there's a big catch: The service provider needs more cash.
Clearwire plans to deploy an LTE network in addition to its existing WiMax system but estimates it will need to raise about US$600 million to do so.
Intel has been on a buying binge lately. Just two weeks ago the world's largest chip maker agreed to acquire security vendor McAfee for $7.68 billion, and today it announced plans to buy Infineon Technologies' Wireless Solutions (WLS) division for $...
When I first got my hands on the WiMax-enabled Samsung Mondi back in April at CTIA, I was impressed by its slick design, polished TouchWiz 2 interface and multitude of applications.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- Smartwatches wear out their welcome with Motorola
- The mysteries of the GPU in Apple's iPhone 7 are unlocked
- Apple reportedly betting on drones and indoor data to make Maps better
- Apple now takes your old Apple Watch for free recycling
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCMid Level .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCExecutive AssistantACT
- FTIT Client Support AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Change Manager, Wealth ManagementNSW
- CCInfrastructure Security SpecialistNSW
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service ProviderNSW
- CCService Desk Consultant - Must have baseline or NV1 clearanceNSW
- TPSharePoint DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperVIC
- CCFacilities Coordinator/ Data Centre Coordinator- Multiple RolesVIC
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTService Delivery Management LeadQLD
- TPMicrosoft Dynamics CRM Developer/ AdministratorWA
- FTPMO Lead/ ManagerNSW
- CCProject Manager / Business Analyst - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCSAP BPC Consultant - MelbourneNSW
- CCProduct Manager - TV and MediaNSW
- FTRegional Customer Relations Manager - APACQLD
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- FTPractice Manager - SecurityVIC
- CCCloud Automation Engineer. Work Location - CanberraVIC
- CCHadoop DeveloperACT
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Developer - Java and AWSVIC
- CCJava Application Developer - BaselineACT