The extradition hearing for WikiLeak's founder Julian Assange is set to begin Monday in London, with his lawyers prepared to make arguments he could eventually end up in Guantanamo Bay if first extradited to Sweden.
The Silicon Valley companies that store our personal data have a growing responsibility to protect it from government snooping, according to Daniel Ellsberg, the man who leaked the Pentagon Papers.
The recent military and U.S. State Department Wikileaks fiasco epitomizes a key challenge to data security and privacy today: the authorized insider threat.
Bank of America has assembled a 15- to 20-person team to come up with a damage control plan in the event Wikileaks follows through on its promise to release thousands of insider documents leaked to it, according to reports.
Bank of America has joined the growing list of financial and technology companies that have cut off services to WikiLeaks, a move that comes amid speculation that the whistleblower site is preparing to release information about the bank.
London's High Court ruled Thursday that WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange can be freed if he posts £240,000 (US$384,000) in bail, rejecting prosecutors' appeal that he be imprisoned pending a January extradition hearing, according to the BBC.
Wikileaks.org, the whistleblower organization's main Web site, is back up in the U.S. less than 10 days after domain name service provider EveryDNS terminated the domain name, citing stability concerns.
WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange was granted bail on Tuesday in a London court, but the police will keep his passport and he'll have to wear an electronic tag, according to the BBC.
The UK's national security advisor has warned that government websites used to upload tax returns or claims benefits are at risk of attack from hackers who support <a href="http://wikileaks.org">WikiLeaks</a>.
People using a tool to conduct distributed denial-of-service (DDOS) attacks against other websites in support of WikiLeaks can easily be traced, according to computer security researchers.
Takedown attempts against WikiLeaks undermine what the Internet stands for, and those responsible should be tracked down and prosecuted, says the Internet Society, a non-profit group dedicated to the open use of the Internet.
The United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights said she is concerned over reports of government pressure on Internet service providers and other companies to stop doing business with WikiLeaks.
WikiLeaks neither supports nor condemns the cyber attacks that have targeted its critics, it said Friday, just as it appears the attackers are mounting a fresh operation against Moneybookers.com.
We are at war, and I don't mean the literal kind. It's the first all-out cyber war, not between nations but between factions: those who agree with what WikiLeaks is trying to do, and those who oppose them.
If WikiLeaks' Julian Assange were in memoir-writing mode, I'd bet "How to Win Friends and Influence People" would not be among the likely titles.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Surprise! Nvidia reveals a new Pascal-powered Titan X and it looks like an utter monster
- Apple faces lawsuit over AppleCare refurbished devices not being new
- Intel experiments with 3D Xpoint as it ships out SSDs to testers
- Edward Snowden has developed an iPhone case meant to kill surveillance
- Tesla wants to end fossil fuel use, make self-driving cars 10X safer
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst - Microsoft Active DirectoryNSW
- CCGuidewire Developer - Policy Center 8NSW
- CCProject Manager/ Sr PMO Analyst - Consulting BackgroundNSW
- CCService Management Specialist / ITILNSW
- CCPractice Lead - Java, FrontendVIC
- FTAgile Coach / Training & Support ManagerNSW
- CCData Analyst / Data ModelerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160801/AP/258Asia
- CCDesktop Engineer (SCCM/SOE)WA
- FTAEM & AEM Forms ConsultantsWA
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Configuration ManagerACT
- CCUI/UX DeveloperVIC
- FTTest ManagerACT
- CCLead Business AnalystNSW
- FTSystems Applications ManagerACT
- CCChange Analysts - multiple rolesNSW
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperWA
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCOSS/BSS Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- FTPHP Developer (full stack)WA
- CCIT/Telco Graduate | 12mth ContractVIC
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CC.Net Developer Application DesignerACT