With an eye to letting people link more devices and displays without using cables, the Wireless Gigabit Alliance plans to bring DisplayPort technology into its specification.
The Wireless Gigabit Alliance may be on its way to dominating the market for multi-gigabit in-room wireless networks after the powerful Wi-Fi Alliance said it would study the group's specification as part of Wi-Fi certification and a key rival announ...
The Wireless Gigabit Alliance has completed its specification for a technology to deliver as much as 7G bps (bits per second) over a very high unlicensed frequency band.
The newly formed Wireless Gigabit (WiGig) Alliance looks likely to play a big role in the future of Wi-Fi, but its high-speed technology probably won't squeeze out wired multimedia networks.
Seventeen chip makers, consumer electronics companies and one software vendor, Microsoft, have banded together to create a standard for multi-gigabit, short-range wireless networking.
A group that includes Intel, Microsoft, Nokia and Panasonic plans to introduce a specification for short-range, gigabit-speed wireless networking by the end of this year.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Surprise! Nvidia reveals a new Pascal-powered Titan X and it looks like an utter monster
- Apple faces lawsuit over AppleCare refurbished devices not being new
- Intel experiments with 3D Xpoint as it ships out SSDs to testers
- Edward Snowden has developed an iPhone case meant to kill surveillance
- Tesla wants to end fossil fuel use, make self-driving cars 10X safer
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTMobility Test AnalystNSW
- CCPortfolio AnalystVIC
- CCProject Manager - Change/Transformation/Project DeliveryNSW
- CCDesktop Engineer (SCCM/SOE)WA
- FTSAP Team LeadVIC
- CCUI/UX DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCInfrastructure Solution DesignerACT
- FTChange and Release ManagerVIC
- CCLead Solutions ArchitectQLD
- FTPortfolio Project Governance AnalystNSW
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCIP & Fixed Process Improvement SpecialistVIC
- FTCisco IP Telephony EngineerNSW
- FTProgram Master SchedulerVIC
- CCIOS DeveloperWA
- CCVendor ManagerVIC
- CCSAP FICO Consultant/SAP FICO Stream LeadNSW
- FTCitrix SpecialistACT
- FTDesktop Specialist - Application PackagingACT
- CCInformatica DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior SAP BW & HANA Developer/Technical ArchitectVIC
- CCHelpdesk OfficersNSW
- CCChange CoordinatorNSW