With an eye to letting people link more devices and displays without using cables, the Wireless Gigabit Alliance plans to bring DisplayPort technology into its specification.
The Wireless Gigabit Alliance may be on its way to dominating the market for multi-gigabit in-room wireless networks after the powerful Wi-Fi Alliance said it would study the group's specification as part of Wi-Fi certification and a key rival announ...
The Wireless Gigabit Alliance has completed its specification for a technology to deliver as much as 7G bps (bits per second) over a very high unlicensed frequency band.
The newly formed Wireless Gigabit (WiGig) Alliance looks likely to play a big role in the future of Wi-Fi, but its high-speed technology probably won't squeeze out wired multimedia networks.
Seventeen chip makers, consumer electronics companies and one software vendor, Microsoft, have banded together to create a standard for multi-gigabit, short-range wireless networking.
A group that includes Intel, Microsoft, Nokia and Panasonic plans to introduce a specification for short-range, gigabit-speed wireless networking by the end of this year.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Halo 5: Forge's multiplayer is now more accessible on PC with a new custom game browser
- Ubisoft's 30th anniversary putters across the finish line with free copies of Assassin's Creed III
- YouTube's top trending videos for 2016
- Intel may use AMD GPUs to challenge Nvidia's rising power
- Creative Live! Cam Sync HD review: Crummy video tanks this HD webcam
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- FTData Integration or Big Data Specialist (Sales) - Permanent - SydneyNSW
- CCSenior Automation TesterQLD
- CCSolutions Designer/Architect- ServiceNowVIC
- CCAd Optimisation ManagerVIC
- FTPrincipal Product Manager | Cloud | Managed ServicesNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst-Shared Service Contact Centre or Call CentreNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer / Systems Engineer (January 2017 Start)QLD
- FTProduct Manager - TV and MediaVIC
- FTChange Manager/ Project ManagerACT
- CCEOI - TIBCO DeveloperACT
- FTInfrastructure Security SpecialistVIC
- CCWeb DesignerNSW
- FTSenior / Lead UX DesignerNSW
- CCFinancial AnalystACT
- CCPerformance Test AnalystSA
- TPApplications Project ManagerQLD
- CCSenior Platform DeveloperNSW
- TPProject ManagerQLD
- CCSAP HR Functional ConsultantQLD
- TPBusiness Solutions Analyst - Legacy SystemQLD
- CCDeveloper - Tag managementNSW
- CCService Desk/Helpdesk ConsultantNSW
- FTSEM / PPC SpecialistNSW
- CCSecurity Consultant (Perth CBD based)NSW