With an eye to letting people link more devices and displays without using cables, the Wireless Gigabit Alliance plans to bring DisplayPort technology into its specification.
The Wireless Gigabit Alliance may be on its way to dominating the market for multi-gigabit in-room wireless networks after the powerful Wi-Fi Alliance said it would study the group's specification as part of Wi-Fi certification and a key rival announ...
The Wireless Gigabit Alliance has completed its specification for a technology to deliver as much as 7G bps (bits per second) over a very high unlicensed frequency band.
The newly formed Wireless Gigabit (WiGig) Alliance looks likely to play a big role in the future of Wi-Fi, but its high-speed technology probably won't squeeze out wired multimedia networks.
Seventeen chip makers, consumer electronics companies and one software vendor, Microsoft, have banded together to create a standard for multi-gigabit, short-range wireless networking.
The fledgling wireless technology WiGig passed an important milestone Monday with the official released of the technology's specifications, giving member companies the green light to start building products based on the protocol.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's pricey Surface Book is getting stomped by the ancient Surface Pro 3
- Android TV's universal search feature finally works with Netflix
- Facebook takes on critics with political bias class
- Kodi dives into hardware with a Raspberry Pi 3 case perfect for low-cost HTPCs
- What iOS 10 can tell us about the new iPhone
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Java Developer (Java/Maven/AEM)NSW
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/Technical Support) 160616/ITA/991Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst - Asset ManagementNSW
- FTDynamics AX Functional ArchitectNSW
- FTSystems Analyst - ERPNSW
- CCMobility Developer (iOS or Android)NSW
- FTProcurement SpecialistNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTAutomation Test Engineer | C#/.Net focusNSW
- FTPractice Lead - InsuranceNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Healthcare industryVIC
- CCIT Desktop Support- Travelling in NSW requiredNSW
- CCUrgent requirement for a Splunk SMEVIC
- CCDevOps /Systems AdministratorQLD
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- CCData Warehouse Specialist- Power BI, SSAS DBA, Azure, SQLNSW
- CCSenior Project Delivery ManagerACT
- FTMobility Developer x 2 - iOS and Android positions available!NSW
- CCIT Technical Writer- understanding in RDMBS,Web server, StorageNSW
- CCLead UX DesignerNSW
- CCOffice 365 Project ManagerNSW
- FTVoice ArchitectNSW
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- FTAgile Implementation LeadNSW