With an eye to letting people link more devices and displays without using cables, the Wireless Gigabit Alliance plans to bring DisplayPort technology into its specification.
The Wireless Gigabit Alliance may be on its way to dominating the market for multi-gigabit in-room wireless networks after the powerful Wi-Fi Alliance said it would study the group's specification as part of Wi-Fi certification and a key rival announ...
The Wireless Gigabit Alliance has completed its specification for a technology to deliver as much as 7G bps (bits per second) over a very high unlicensed frequency band.
The newly formed Wireless Gigabit (WiGig) Alliance looks likely to play a big role in the future of Wi-Fi, but its high-speed technology probably won't squeeze out wired multimedia networks.
Seventeen chip makers, consumer electronics companies and one software vendor, Microsoft, have banded together to create a standard for multi-gigabit, short-range wireless networking.
The fledgling wireless technology WiGig passed an important milestone Monday with the official released of the technology's specifications, giving member companies the green light to start building products based on the protocol.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTIT Technical LeadVIC
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - SCOM/SCCM/PowerShellVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Life InsuranceVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTJava Full Stack Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- FTLinux AdministratorVIC
- CCInformation ArchitectQLD
- CCDesktop Support Engineer/Service Desk AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorNSW
- FTSecurity ArchitectWA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/AP/541Asia
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCCitrix Systems EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - SecurityNSW
- CCEXCEL Guru / Data AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - HRIS ProjectQLD
- FTServer EngineerNSW
- CCImmediate iOS Developer RequiredNSW
- FTOracle System Integration Engineer - CANBERRASA
- CCTechnical Tester - AutomationVIC
- CCChange CoordinatorNSW
- CCSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior PMO Analyst / PMO LeadVIC