A standards group on Tuesday approved specifications for a new Bluetooth standard that speeds up wireless data transfers between devices like smartphones and laptops.
Now that eBay has set a tentative timetable for spinning off Skype, the question becomes whether the Internet phone company can become a legitimate force as a voice service provider.
U.S. airlines are now piling on to the in-flight Wi-Fi bandwagon, with Alaska Airlines joining other airlines in expanding the service to more aircraft.
Apple seems to be laying the groundwork to introduce high-capacity, low-power 802.11n Wi-Fi to the iPod Touch, and presumably to its 3G-enabled companion, the iPhone.
Clearwire is teaming up with Google, Cisco Systems and Intel to build a WiMax network in Silicon Valley for software developers to try out new applications on the fourth-generation mobile broadband technology.
Just in time for the start of the AFL season, Internode announced Friday it will provide free, round-the-clock Wi-Fi throughout the MCG stadium, under a three-year deal with the Melbourne Cricket Club.
Wi-Fi locator Total Hotspots and Rummble have joined forces to create an app that lets Apple iPhone users search for the nearest Wi-Fi hotspot from their handset no matter where they are in the world.
Alaska Airlines is the latest carrier to launch in-flight Wi-Fi, offering passengers on a specially equipped Boeing 737 a service that uses satellites instead of cellular towers to connect the plane to the Internet.
Australian ISP iiNet has teamed up with Starbucks to offer its customers free Wi-Fi access at a selection of the coffee chain's stores.
The Russian security company that caused a stir some months by talking up its cracking tool for recovering Wi-Fi encryption keys, has started selling its software to all-comers in a specially packaged product.
The Mumbai, India, police have launched their previously announced plan to secure Wi-Fi networks. A team of police is using a battery of devices to systematically identify and eliminate unsecured Wi-Fi networks in the wake of last year's attacks, whe...
The growth of 802.11n wireless LAN access points has been somewhat limited by a well-known problem with insufficient power to APs when using Power-over-Ethernet connections.
Meraki has unveiled two products -- one that fits into a electrical wall outlet, the other that runs without relying on an electrical grid at all -- that make it even simpler to deploy its Wi-Fi mesh network. It also unveiled a promotional package to...
Proxim Wireless announced Monday it is shipping two new 802.11n access points, one with two radios that Proxim called the fastest on the market.
Startup Quantenna Communications on Tuesday unveiled chips that it hopes Wi-Fi equipment vendors will use to improve the performance of wireless home networking products over the next year.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft lets cautious users try more of Windows 10’s leading edge
- A new IoT gateway design could be Bluetooth's ticket to the cloud
- Data science achieves the ultimate ROI: a craft beer
- SAP slaps patch on leaky factory software
- Paul McCartney gives Skype some silly love songs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCJava Developer - Front/ Back EndVIC
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCPortfolio-Program SchedulerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Website/PHP development) 160122/SA/vmtAsia
- CCOracle Business AnalystSA
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesACT
- CCMultiple Senior Business Analyst opportunitiesSA
- FTProject Manager | Defence projects | NV1/NV2 cleared | Canberra basedACT
- CCJava DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnical Support Engineer, International SoftwareNSW
- CCRisk AnalystVIC
- FTAnalyst: Business Intelligence & AnalyticsVIC
- CCMaster SchedulerVIC
- CCTechnical Integration Specialist - MicrosoftACT
- CCAngularJS DeveloperNSW
- CCData Migration SpecialistQLD
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCOperations AnalystNSW
- FTHelpdesk support - Level 1VIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Reports) 160129/AP/vhs-aAsia
- FTC# .Net DeveloperSA