Boingo Wireless, an international network of both wired Internet zones and Wi-Fi hotspots, today released Boingo Mobile for BlackBerry, a free application that lets the company's subscribers know whenever they're in range of Boingo hotspots so they c...
People all over Earth can already access Google's services online. For the next three months, some of them will be able to access those same services from above Earth too.
Australia's Commonwealth Scientific and Research Organisation (CSIRO) has turned its budgeted deficit of $34.2 million for the 2008-09 financial year into a $122 million surplus, with the unexpected windfall primarily attributed to its intellectual p...
A new industry specification promises to un-network Wi-Fi networks. Dubbed Wi-Fi Direct, the spec will let your laptop or smartphone connect directly with other wireless devices.
A new specification, called Wi-Fi Direct, provides peer-to-peer connections between Wi-Fi devices, no hotspot required. That could be bad news for Bluetooth, but good news for customers.
Cisco Tuesday announced its second multibillion dollar deal this month: a definitive agreement to acquire Starent Networks, a provider of IP-based mobile infrastructure for carriers, for about US$2.9 billion.
Virgin Mobile has launched a Wi-Fi modem claiming to be Australia’s first battery-powered mobile 3G wireless modem router with Wi-Fi access.
The new Apple iPod Touch uses a Wi-Fi chip that can support the just-approved high-throughput 802.11n standard, though Apple apparently has not switched on the cranked-up wireless link.
The IEEE has finally approved the 802.11n high-throughput wireless LAN standard.
Wi-Fi chip vendor Atheros Networks plans to acquire Intellon, a maker of chips for home powerline networking equipment, for about US$244 million.
Global shipments of Wi-Fi-enabled cell phones are expected to double between 2009 and 2011, at least partially due to the emergence of a slew of smartphones with Wi-Fi capabilities, according to an analyst at ABI Research in New York.
Computer scientists in Japan say they've developed a way to break the WPA encryption system used in wireless routers in about one minute.
If your hotel is an antiquated, out-of-service ocean liner that's crossed the Atlantic 1,001 times, it's nice to know that the place has steel walls as much as 3 inches thick. On the other hand, if you get there and want to fire up your Wi-Fi-equippe...
Mobile network 3 has revealed it is planning to launch a mobile Wi-Fi service in the UK before Christmas.
Disney claims its first use of an 802.11 wireless network to operate an amusement park rides is a hit.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
- 2 LG G3 review
- 3 Nokia Lumia 930 review
- 4 Asus G550JK gaming notebook
- 5 Fetch TV set-top box
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- HTC ships Desire 510 with 64-bit processor, but isn't sure users can take advantage of it
- Widespread Time Warner Cable disruption affects Internet service subscribers
- Gartner: After slump, server sales rise again in Europe, Middle East and Africa
- Dropbox offers 1TB Pro plan for $9.99
- Salesforce renames and revamps Communities service
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTMachine Learning | JAVA | San Fran based global Company | SydneyNSW
- FTAccount Manager Programmatic Trading DeskNSW
- FTSearch Account ManagerNSW
- FTChief Information OfficerNSW
- CCL2 Technical Support Engineer - RightFax/MessagingVIC
- FTInformation Services ManagerNZ
- FTMarketing Communications Executive - B2BNSW