Apple appears to have tweaked its iPhone to support a Chinese security protocol for wireless networks, as companies increasingly adopt Chinese government-backed technologies to break into the country's huge market.
Next-generation smartphones will be able to access the Internet at higher speeds, but costs and technical limitations will prevent them from getting the most out of the networks they are connected to.
Research in Motion Ltd. today unveiled technology that will allow voice over Wi-Fi calls from its BlackBerry smartphones.
Some owners of Apple's new iPad have complained of weak wireless signals, dropped connections and slow surfing speeds, messages on the company's support forum show.
When is a wireless router not just a wireless router? Belkin's answer: When it's a total pain. That's why it introduced four new 802.11n Wi-Fi routers, ranging from $50 to $130, that come with a set of applications designed to help you use your wirel...
Some BlackBerry users are complaining of an inability to use data services for the second day in a row.
Home networking giant Netgear plans to introduce a 500 megabit-per-second line of HomePlug AV powerline products this fall. Netgear announced a slew of products, including next-generation powerline and advanced multimedia-optimized Wi-Fi products thi...
Inveneo Project Director Andris Bjornson, on the roof of the Haitian headquarters of CHF International, installs the base antenna for a series of Wi-Fi links to aid groups across Port-au-Prince. CHF shared its satellite link with other aid organizati...
The exploratory trip last month by San Francisco-based nonprofit Inveneo might have been fairly routine -- or at least as routine as things can be for a group that brings information technology to poor countries all over the world. Members of its tea...
Public Wi-Fi networks such as those in coffee shops and airports present a bigger security threat than ever to computer users because attackers can intercede over wireless to "poison" users' browser caches in order to present fake Web pages or even s...
When the over-the-top hype met the reality of Apple's iPad, a majority of consumers decided they didn't need, and wouldn't buy, the new device, a survey published today said.
Cisco Systems Inc. plans to add voice-over-Wi-Fi capabilities to its existing iPhone app by April, part of a continuing effort to expand its unified communications technology into the mobile space.
RCA showed a prototype of its Wi-Fi Hotspot Power Harvester called Airnergy that's designed to convert Wi-Fi radio signals into DC power for charging small wireless devices such as smartphones.
Although 802.11n Wi-Fi technology was found in less than 1 percent of Wi-Fi-enabled smartphones last year, in 2014 at least 87 percent of Wi-Fi-capable smartphones, such as Apple's iPhone, will feature this latest of the 802.11 protocols.
Aruba Networks is adding support for wired networks to the next version of its AirWave network management tool, it said on Monday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Facebook Messenger testing Snapchat-style disappearing messages for iOS
- Disney files patent for near instantaneous 3D printing
- Galaxy Note 6 rumors hint at IR autofocus, USB-C connectivity, new Snapdragon SoC
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare goes full sci-fi with space-based gunfights
- LG shows off a smartphone display panel with integrated fingerprint reader
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160422/AP/544Asia
- CCContract Snr IT Assistant (IT Operation/UNIX) 160504/SITA/982Asia
- CCProcurement Contract SpecialistQLD
- CCSenior Oracle DBA- Part time 20 hoursWA
- CCUser Experience ExpertVIC
- CCHealthcare Test SpecialistSA
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/SQL) 160421/P/903Asia
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- CCSr. Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer(IBM DB2/WebSphere)160419/STSE/vmtAsia
- CCSenior Financial Crime AnalystVIC
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW
- CCITIL Environment, Configuration, Release Manager- Banking/GovtNSW
- CCData AnalystVIC
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- CCL3 - Network Design and Support EngineerNSW
- CCSystem admin with SQL server experience | Defence-wide project | NV1 neededACT
- CCSenior Automation Tester - MicroservicesNSW
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- CCSAP BW developerVIC
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA