In 2008, the number of commercial aircraft that offered in-flight Wi-Fi service totaled just 25, according to market researcher In-Stat. By the end of 2010, however, In-Stat predicts that number should reach 2,000 planes.
AT&T isn’t just going to make the Apple iPad available in retail stores on Oct. 28, as it announced yesterday. It’s also going to start selling the popular tablets to businesses that day.
Gartner estimates worldwide sales of iPads and other tablets will total 19.5 million units this year and nearly triple that number next year as the devices win over both consumers and business customers.
The new version of Aruba Networks' Wi-Fi network software includes code to improve voice and video performance, automatically identify non-Wi-Fi radio interference and trap rogue wireless devices.
Gad! I complained a few weeks ago about frequent DNS lookup errors on my AT&T DSL connection. I tried using Google's DNS servers instead of AT&T's and, for a while, it looked like the problem was fixed. Alas, this was not the case …
Singapore Airlines has announced that it will soon provide in-flight mobile phone and Internet access for its passengers, thanks to a multimillion dollar collaboration with OnAir.
Cisco Tuesday unveiled new additions to its mobility product lines, including an entry-level 802.11n Wi-Fi access point, a mobile VPN client, and the first step toward extending virtual desktop environments to mobile devices in the field.
Telstra has launched its Pre-Paid Mobile Wi-Fi modem, which will compete with Vodafone's Pocket WiFi modem and Virgin Mobile's Wi-Fi modem.
Juniper Networks is expected to soon announce that it is acquiring wireless LAN player Trapeze Networks from parent Belden in a move that will expand Juniper’s enterprise portfolio.
Just in time for 802.11n's first birthday as an official IEEE standard, VeriWave is releasing a guide to best practices for enterprise Wi-Fi networks. The new guide includes test plans and evaluation criteria, all based on the test vendor's extensive...
Bluesocket is offering its rebuilt enterprise Wi-Fi controller software on virtual machine platforms, the first one being VMware. The company will port the code for other hypervisor platforms in the future.
Although the price of mobile broadband in Australia is coming down rapidly, it's still not affordable for everyone. And what about if you have a prepaid wireless broadband account and haven't topped it up yet?
Researchers at Flinders University in Adelaide have developed a way to expand the reach of mobile phone networks by turning each mobile into a mesh network node using standard wireless technology.
Wi-Fi traffic intercepted by Google's Street View cars included passwords and e-mail, according to the French National Commission on Computing and Liberty (CNIL).
Finland should change its current law, and not make it punishable by law to access someone's unprotected Wi-Fi network, according to experts invited to comment on the matter by the Finnish Ministry of Justice.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Don't install the Windows 10 Creators Update on your own, Microsoft advises
- Scanner Sombre review: A weird and unsettling glimpse into darkness
- How to stop websites from asking for your location in Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Opera, Safari
- Microsoft cuts off 40 percent of Windows phones with Creators Update shift
- Google will try to combat fake news using search and user feedback
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTOracle Database Administrator (DBA)SA
- FTSenior Functional Analyst - FinanceQLD
- CCSenior System AdministratorQLD
- TPProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTSenior / Lead AEM DeveloperNSW
- TPData AnalystVIC
- FTSalesforce Developer - UrgentNSW
- CCSystems AdministratorNSW
- FTSenior ICT Project ManagerNSW
- CCMaster Data Analyst - SAPNSW
- FTMidrange Application Developer (.Net)ACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Mobile ApplicationsQLD
- TPTesting SpecialistQLD
- FTBusiness Analyst - BI, Analytics & Big DataNSW
- CCNetwork Engineer FIFO WeipaQLD
- FTChange Management LeadNSW
- FTInformation Security ManagerACT
- CCProject Scheduler/CoordinatorVIC
- CCDevops Consultant - 12 month contractVIC
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCPlatform Engineer - DevOpsVIC
- CCSecurity ConsultantVIC
- FTSystems Development Assistant Team LeadNSW
- FTIT Helpdesk AnalystVIC