New research conducted on behalf of the Wi-Fi Alliance shows that while wireless users are making strides on the security front, they’re still leaving their Wi-Fi networks too open to intruders.
Cisco is beefing up wireless transaction security with new software features for its Wi-Fi access points. The vendor says the changes add needed protection over and above that mandated by the Payment Card Industry (PCI) standard.
The 802.11n standard was ratified in 2009 and WiFi really took off in 2010, with support showing up in an array of consumer electronic devices. Unfortunately security related issues escalated right along with growing acceptance. Here’s a look back a...
Beginning Sept. 30, Visa will require merchants and related businesses to conduct wireless security scans to prove compliance with version 1.2 of the PCI Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) which is designed to safeguard cardholder data from wireless th...
Apple has done enough security-wise with its iPhone and iPad to make many CSOs comfortable with the mobile devices connecting to corporate networks, but Google's Android still has a ways to go.
Wi-Fi support has made its way into all kinds of consumer devices -- from smartphones to gaming consoles, cameras, DVD players and televisions -- and it is often implemented with native connection sharing capabilities. While great for consumers, this...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's vision for LinkedIn is about tying its business data into Office and other services
- Facebook's Year in Review for 2016 isn't just fun and games
- AMD's Radeon Software Crimson ReLive debuts with features galore
- Intel, Microsoft renew 'Wintel' partnership with Project Evo and VR specs for PCs
- New Windows 10 Insider Build allows you to shut down your PC with your voice
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTProject Manager (Cyber Security) - Permanent - IT Services - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperOther
- TPService Desk Analyst - Out of hoursSA
- FTTechnology Portfolio - Investment AnalystACT
- FTService Lifecycle Management Contract AdministratorVIC
- CCChange & Release AdministratorNSW
- FTSolution DesignerVIC
- CCService Desk Consultants - Urgent - Large multinational!!NSW
- TPLead Project ManagerQLD
- CCService Desk/Helpdesk ConsultantNSW
- FTSOE Team LeaderWA
- FTDesktop Delivery Team LeaderQLD
- CCElectronic Medications Management Solution ArchitectQLD
- PTService Desk AnalystVIC
- FTService Delivery Management LeadQLD
- TPWordpress DeveloperWA
- CCApplication Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer).ACT
- CCPerformance Test AnalystQLD
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- TPWordpress DeveloperVIC
- CCERP Benefits ManagerNSW
- TPProcess Business AnalystVIC
- FTFinancial AnalystNSW
- CCNetwork Security EngineerNSW
- FTServiceNow and Service Management ArchitectVIC