New research conducted on behalf of the Wi-Fi Alliance shows that while wireless users are making strides on the security front, they’re still leaving their Wi-Fi networks too open to intruders.
Cisco is beefing up wireless transaction security with new software features for its Wi-Fi access points. The vendor says the changes add needed protection over and above that mandated by the Payment Card Industry (PCI) standard.
The 802.11n standard was ratified in 2009 and WiFi really took off in 2010, with support showing up in an array of consumer electronic devices. Unfortunately security related issues escalated right along with growing acceptance. Here’s a look back a...
Beginning Sept. 30, Visa will require merchants and related businesses to conduct wireless security scans to prove compliance with version 1.2 of the PCI Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) which is designed to safeguard cardholder data from wireless th...
Apple has done enough security-wise with its iPhone and iPad to make many CSOs comfortable with the mobile devices connecting to corporate networks, but Google's Android still has a ways to go.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Report: Microsoft could debut Xbox One game streaming stick and 'Xbox TV' at E3
- This sticker can wirelessly charge your smartphone or tablet
- Microsoft breaks own design rules in dupe-the-user Windows 10 upgrade tactic
- Samsung isn't giving up on Android Wear, it's just not making any new Android Wear watches
- Google quietly kills its Nexus Player as Chromecast overshadows Android TV
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Marketing SystemsNSW
- FTFunctional Business Analyst Dynamic AXNSW
- FTManaging Security ConsultantQLD
- CCICT Fleet and Equipment Audit ResourcesSA
- CCDeemed Order Business SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Network Engineer - NV1ACT
- CCIT Technical WriterACT
- CCService Provider Manager - DesktopVIC
- CCOracle Fusion SOA/BPEL DeveloperVIC
- CCMultiple Oracle Fusion SOA/BPEL Developer OpportunitiesVIC
- CCSenior DevOps EngineerACT
- CCChange manager/Change LeadNSW
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- CCTechnical Digital Producer / Requirements EngineerNSW
- CCNetwork Architect VoiceNSW
- CCSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- CCSystem Engineer - Server Migration experienceNSW
- CCData Engineer | Real Time StreamingNSW
- CCScrum MasterACT
- CCRelease Manager, InfrastructureNSW
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/LAN/Anti-Virus) 160524/ITA/074Asia
- CCMultiple .Net DevelopersNSW
- CCSoftware DevelopersACT
- CCIT Assistant (Office Automation/Windows) 160517/ITA/884Asia
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT