Intel's next-generation server processor code-named Westmere-EX will pack in 10 cores, an industry source said on Monday
Intel's next-generation processor code-named Westmere-EX may include more cores than the company's current server chips, according to the title of a paper about the chip announced on Sunday.
Intel plans to release next-generation Xeon server processors based on the Westmere microarchitecture in the next three months, the company said on Thursday.
Intel Corp. is making a big leap later this week, moving from a 45-nanometer manufacturing process to 32nm with three new chips.
Intel has tweaked its chip road map, with plans to extend its upcoming Westmere mainstream desktop dual-core chips with integrated graphics processors to entry-level servers.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- 16 TV buying tips that salespeople won’t tell you about
- The Top 6 TVs in 2016
- Laptops are about to get a whole lot faster
- After bias furor, Facebook replaces people with algorithms
- Ford, MIT use Bostonians’ cellphone location data for traffic planning
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCCA Gen Model Management-Oracle RDBMS, Oracle Solaris, TTNNSW
- FTContracts ManagerVIC
- FTTandem/NonStop Technical ConsultantWA
- CCSharepoint ArchitectACT
- FTNational ICT Senior Technical Support EngineerACT
- FTFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCBusiness Intelligence Business AnalystSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Oracle SQL/.Net) 160812/AP/vhsAsia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160901/AP/781Asia
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCSolution Architect - POSVIC
- CCImplementation and Deployment ManagerNSW
- CCCustomer Service RepresentativeQLD
- CCFacilities ManagerACT
- CCProject Manager (Application Dev. & Mgt.) 160906/PM/472Asia
- CCService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTIT Manager - Infrastructure Strategy and OperationsNSW
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Windows 7/8/10) 160901/SA/212Asia
- CCSenior Project Manager - Contact CentresNSW
- FTIT Release CoordinatorWA
- CCSystem Analyst - NetIQNSW
- CCAutomation Test Engineer with Baseline clearance (or higher)VIC