RIM is expanding its effort to redefine the Web browsing experience for BlackBerry users. In a recent job posting on LinkedIn, RIM asked for an expert C++ programmer who is firmly grounded in the open source Webkit browser engine.
BlackBerry phones may soon get a new browser, now that Research In Motion has acquired Torch Mobile.
Although Google's Chrome was the only browser left standing after March's Pwn2Own hacking contest, it was vulnerable to the same bug that a German college student used to bring down Apple's Safari, Google acknowledged this week.
Developers working on WebKit announced late last week that the newest build of the browser engine, which powers both Apple's Safari and Google's Chrome, has aced all of the requirements of an important Web standards test.
Google is launching a beta version of its own Web browser on Tuesday in more than 100 countries, the company announced Monday in a blog posting.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's vision for LinkedIn is about tying its business data into Office and other services
- Facebook's Year in Review for 2016 isn't just fun and games
- AMD's Radeon Software Crimson ReLive debuts with features galore
- Intel, Microsoft renew 'Wintel' partnership with Project Evo and VR specs for PCs
- New Windows 10 Insider Build allows you to shut down your PC with your voice
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTMigration ArchitectSA
- CCMobile Application DeveloperQLD
- CCPerformance Test AnalystOther
- CCAutomation TesterNSW
- FTOperations Support Analyst (Business Process Improvement) Perm North SydneyNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkACT
- CCSolutions Designer/Architect- ServiceNowVIC
- FTSenior Network Engineer JUNIPERNSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- CCVBA DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior UX DesignerNSW
- TPDevelopers and TestersACT
- FTManager - Superannuation ConsultingNSW
- TPBusiness Objects DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior Test AnalystQLD
- FTLevel 1/2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- CCJava Developer/ Web DesginerNSW
- CCGuidewire ArchitectNSW
- TPProject Manager - SAPQLD
- CCProject Manager - Cabling, Network Sys Design and DeliveryNSW
- FTTraining CoordinatorNSW
- CCCloud Automation Engineer. Work Location - CanberraACT
- PTProject ManagersACT
- CCExecutive AssistantVIC