Those curious about the final release date for the hotly debated HTML5 need wonder no more: The W3C (World Wide Web Consortium) plans to finalize the standard by July 2014, the organization announced Monday.
The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) sees the Web becoming a platform where data can be posted and reused in multiple ad-hoc applications, to judge from a workshop the organization held at the WWW2010 conference, this week in Raleigh, North Carolina.
Filling a position left open since 2008, former Novell CTO Jeffrey Jaffe has taken on the role of chief executive officer for the <a href="http://www.w3.org/">W3C</a> (World Wide Web Consortium).
The W3C (World Wide Web Consortium) has posted a draft set of APIs that Web applications could one day use to store structured content offline.
The latest rewrite of the Web's mother tongue won't recommend the use of specific audio and video encoding formats that could make it cheaper and easier for people to distribute multimedia content.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Twitter said to plan 300 more job cuts this week
- Nissan, Renault tout plans to make 10 autonomous vehicles by 2020
- Apple releases watchOS 3.1 update
- Apple Watch Nike+ hits the ground running on Oct. 28
- Portrait Camera now available for iPhone 7 as Apple releases iOS 10.1 update
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCCisco Voice ConsultantWA
- CCApplication Support DeveloperVIC
- CCTechnical SpecialistVIC
- CCStrategy AnalystVIC
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- FTDirector Data AnalyticsACT
- CCWeb Programmer - Sydney - GovernmentNSW
- CCNetApp ConsultantWA
- FTDigital Optimisation and Analytics SpecialistNSW
- TPEDRMS Project ManagerVIC
- CCDemand ManagerNSW
- FTApplications ManagerVIC
- CCLevel 3 Microsoft Resource EngineerVIC
- CCProject Manager - DigitisationQLD
- CCSenior Siebel DeveloperACT
- FTPega DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Manager, Digital Analytics and Customer InsightsNSW
- FTSoftware DeveloperWA
- CCOrganisational Change Manager - BankingNSW
- TPJava Developers X 2QLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystSA
- FTBackup Engineer with Commvault ExperienceNSW
- CCSenior Frontend Developer (Angular or React or Ember)NSW
- CCSoftware Engineer- Linux and DevOpsNSW
- CCSenior Change AnalystNSW