Google's telephony management application Google Voice is now open to all U.S. residents, as the company on Tuesday removed the requirement for prospective users to receive an invitation in order to sign up for the service.
The number of mobile VoIP users is set to grow to 100 million in Europe and the USA in the next two years.
Google plans to acquire video and VoIP (Voice over IP) codec developer Global IP Solutions (GIPS) for approximately 421 million Norwegian kronor (US$68.2 million) in cash, the company said on Tuesday.
Skype today launched a Web-based tool to help small and medium sized businesses manage access to the Internet telephony service. Skype Manager replaces Skype Business Control Panel.
Skype this week will start offering plans to let users call international wireline and wireless phones at significantly lower rates than its current pay-as-you-go services.
Local VoIP provider Engin has introduced three new bundle plans. Dubbed VoIP Ignition, the plans are available for $69, $89 and $109 per month and include broadband access with a data quota that can be used without on- and off-peak periods.
Australian VoIP telco MyNetFone is offering free VoIP calls for people who sign up to its Naked ADSL2+ plans.
Microsoft plans to release a new version of its Office Communications Server (OCS) by the latter half of 2010, according to Gurdeep Singh Pall, corporate vice president of Microsoft's Unified Communications Group.
Broadband telephony company engin is offering hosted VoIP phone systems for small to medium businesses throughout Australia in a partnership with Harris Technology.
Open-source collaboration software vendor Open-Xchange has integrated VoIP (voice over Internet Protocol) and social networking sites in the latest version of its e-mail server and client.
In a move that will have telcos around the world squirming uncomfortably, Nokia and Skype today announced the availability of the well known Internet telephony program for the Symbian operating system.
Skype and Nokia have released a new Skype client for the Symbian mobile OS.
The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office has agreed to review a controversial patent issued in 2001 that is claimed to cover much of the technology underlying VoIP.
Cisco Systems Inc. plans to add voice-over-Wi-Fi capabilities to its existing iPhone app by April, part of a continuing effort to expand its unified communications technology into the mobile space.
Carriers and aid workers are scrambling to rebuild communications in Haiti following the catastrophic Jan. 12 earthquake near the capital city of Port-au-Prince, which left many residents with no means of communicating inside or outside the country.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- Battlefield 1 review: Familiar multiplayer wedded to a brilliant WWI campaign
- Microsoft rescues disheveled lady Skypers with its TeleBeauty virtual makeup app
- Samsung releases super-high-capacity 8GB DRAM
- Mars lander goes silent, but scientists remain hopeful
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTNetwork Support SpecialistACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL/Web) 161026/AP/632Asia
- CCChange Manager - Telco projectsNSW
- FTKronos AdministratorNSW
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperNSW
- FTSoftware Developers | .Net 4.6 | Multiple RolesNSW
- CCContract Management SpecialistNSW
- FTSolution Delivery ManagerVIC
- CCResident Operation Support Engineer (Renewable Contract)Asia
- FTBusiness Analyst - PIMAsia
- CCPOS EngineerNSW
- FTIntegration SpecialistSA
- FTSoftware Development ManagerNSW
- CCDigital Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Security) 161018/AP/383Asia
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCWeb Analytics AnalystNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/XML) 161018/JP/922Asia
- FTBusiness Analyst - HKMAAsia
- CCL1 Desktop Support - 3 days a weekNSW
- FTSOE ConsultantACT
- CCAnalyst Programmer (12-Month Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCAutomation Test AnalystNSW