Google's telephony management application Google Voice is now open to all U.S. residents, as the company on Tuesday removed the requirement for prospective users to receive an invitation in order to sign up for the service.
The number of mobile VoIP users is set to grow to 100 million in Europe and the USA in the next two years.
Google plans to acquire video and VoIP (Voice over IP) codec developer Global IP Solutions (GIPS) for approximately 421 million Norwegian kronor (US$68.2 million) in cash, the company said on Tuesday.
Skype today launched a Web-based tool to help small and medium sized businesses manage access to the Internet telephony service. Skype Manager replaces Skype Business Control Panel.
Skype this week will start offering plans to let users call international wireline and wireless phones at significantly lower rates than its current pay-as-you-go services.
Local VoIP provider Engin has introduced three new bundle plans. Dubbed VoIP Ignition, the plans are available for $69, $89 and $109 per month and include broadband access with a data quota that can be used without on- and off-peak periods.
Australian VoIP telco MyNetFone is offering free VoIP calls for people who sign up to its Naked ADSL2+ plans.
Microsoft plans to release a new version of its Office Communications Server (OCS) by the latter half of 2010, according to Gurdeep Singh Pall, corporate vice president of Microsoft's Unified Communications Group.
Broadband telephony company engin is offering hosted VoIP phone systems for small to medium businesses throughout Australia in a partnership with Harris Technology.
Open-source collaboration software vendor Open-Xchange has integrated VoIP (voice over Internet Protocol) and social networking sites in the latest version of its e-mail server and client.
In a move that will have telcos around the world squirming uncomfortably, Nokia and Skype today announced the availability of the well known Internet telephony program for the Symbian operating system.
Skype and Nokia have released a new Skype client for the Symbian mobile OS.
The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office has agreed to review a controversial patent issued in 2001 that is claimed to cover much of the technology underlying VoIP.
Cisco Systems Inc. plans to add voice-over-Wi-Fi capabilities to its existing iPhone app by April, part of a continuing effort to expand its unified communications technology into the mobile space.
Carriers and aid workers are scrambling to rebuild communications in Haiti following the catastrophic Jan. 12 earthquake near the capital city of Port-au-Prince, which left many residents with no means of communicating inside or outside the country.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's pricey Surface Book is getting stomped by the ancient Surface Pro 3
- Android TV's universal search feature finally works with Netflix
- Facebook takes on critics with political bias class
- Kodi dives into hardware with a Raspberry Pi 3 case perfect for low-cost HTPCs
- What iOS 10 can tell us about the new iPhone
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCField Network Engineer - GSM Networks.VIC
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160630/SITA/642Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/SQL) 160621/AP/082Asia
- FTProcurement SpecialistNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/Oracle) 160617/AP/025Asia
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsNSW
- CCData Warehouse Specialist- Power BI, SSAS DBA, Azure, SQLNSW
- CCData ArchitectSA
- FTSenior Software Developer (Full Stack)SA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/ SQL/Web) 160708/AP/352Asia
- FTLead Tableau Reporting ConsultantNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/Oracle) 160603/AP/vmpAsia
- CCSenior Applications SpecialistQLD
- CCSenior Java DeveloperACT
- FTSystems application support analystNSW
- CCMaster Scheduler - IT Infrastructure ProgramsNSW
- FTMobile DeveloperWA
- FTData Center Operator (1-Year Renewal Contract)Asia
- FTTechnical Services ManagerACT
- CCProgram Test ManagerNSW
- CCSystems Engineer | Defence intelligence projects | NV2 clearanceACT
- CCTenable Security - Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTStorage ConsultantACT
- CCProject/ Program AnalystVIC
- CCDynamics CRM DeveloperNSW