There are basically two ways to cut WAN costs: reduce the amount of bandwidth used or find somebody who sells cheaper bandwidth.
Skype released an updated version of its Symbian client, which adds support for Nokia's N8, C7 and the E5, the company said in a blog post on Wednesday.
On the same day that Google released its "Gingerbread" platform, it also debuted its soon-to-be-released Android platform tailored specifically for tablets.
We all knew Microsoft's Windows Phone 7 would have a hard time catching up with the leading contenders in the smartphone arena, and now there's yet another fresh batch of evidence suggesting that it can't.
VoIP and IP service provider MyNetFone (ASX:MNF) is rolling out mobile VoIP services for the iPhone, Android and Symbian operating systems.
With the launch of Skype 5.0 this week, the PC-based voice over IP (VoIP) and messaging service is now integrated with the Facebook social network. While neither Skype, nor Facebook are typically considered business platforms, the combination of the ...
<a href="http://www.pcworld.com/search?qt=google">Google</a> is shutting down 1-800-GOOG-411, a directory-assistance service that uses voice recognition to connect callers to businesses in the U.S. and Canada. Launched in 2007, <a href="http://goog...
Just a few short days ago, the official Skype application finally graced the Android Market. But to much dismay, the communications app lacked the ability to make 3G calls on certain carriers within the US.
Motorola introduced its now iconic Droid handset one year ago. Today, the veteran phonemaker expanded its Android smartphone lineup to 22 models, with five new handsets introduced today -- including the Droid Pro, which targets the core audience for ...
The headlines sure sound exciting, but hang on: Skype's long anticipated Android debut is no cause for celebration.
Skype on Tuesday launched Skype for Android, its version of the VoIP software for all phones running on the Google Android operating system. The app, which had been exclusive to Verizon phones, is now available in the Android Market for any Android p...
Skype may finally be available to all Android users after months of Verizon-only exclusivity, but so is FringOut, an alternative contender that offers many features Skype doesn't.
Android smartphone owners can now download a free Skype client from the Android Market that will let them make voice calls over mobile data or Wi-Fi connections -- except in the U.S., where it will work over Wi-Fi only.
It's a sad fact of human nature that when we're confronted with something different or new, we tend to attribute its success or failure in the world to the feature that most sets it apart. President Obama's legacy, for example, will always be inextri...
It looks like we'll finally be seeing an official Google Voice App for the iPhone in the App Store. TechCrunch reports that not only should we expect to see the official app in the App Store soon, but that it's already been approved by the higher-ups...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Kogan Mobile upgrades to 4G network
- Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- MIT uses 4D maps to help robot teams navigate moving obstacles
- A new AMD licensing deal could create more x86 rivals for Intel
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTTechnical/Team Lead - .NetNSW
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- FTGraduate IT Administration SupportVIC
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- FTDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCSystems TrainerVIC
- CCSystem admin with SQL server experience | Defence-wide project | NV1 neededACT
- CCSales Development Executive - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTTechnical Lead (Guidewire Policy Center)NSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTITSM Head of Service Desk & SwitchboardACT
- CCServiceNow / SACM ConsultantNSW
- CCApplication Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW
- FTDigital Account Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCSql Server Database Administrator (SAP)QLD
- CCWeb Content Developer- Angular, PHP, interface backgroundNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (Network & System Mgt.) 160509/ITA/281Asia
- FTManager; Enterprise ArchitectureNSW
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- FTSenior Revenue Systems Functional AnalystSA
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCJava Developer - multiple opportunitiesNSW