There's no denying that Skype is by far the most ubiquitous VoIP service today, but a new project launched this week aims to create an open source alternative.
Interstate trucking company Boyd Bros. Transportation was losing experienced freight agents because it couldn't support home workers, but replacing the firm's 20-year-old phone system brought unified communications features that let it hang on to the...
In its recent annual security report, Cisco predicted VOIP abuse as a potential area for cyber crime growth.
A spike in attacks against IP PBXs that started last fall shows no signs of abating, spawning speculation that those responsible have tapped intobotnets and cloud computing resources to carry out their illegal activities.
Cisco unveiled new unified communications products this week. The new UC offerings are designed to take Cisco out of its large enterprise comfort zone and deliver solutions for small and medium businesses. These products might be suitable for SMBs, b...
Developers with Android skills are now in greater demand than those with iPhone expertise, according to a recent report.
Back in October when Skype 5.0 client software appeared, it was heralded as a good thing all round. It integrated Skype's audio and video conferencing into Facebook's social media management, allowing Skype users to view and comment on Facebook frien...
Skype is looking toward developing markets for its mobile business as the popular voice-over-Internet Protocol service seeks to grow its presence in places where smartphone use is less common.
Mobile network operators and their equipment suppliers are working hard to make telephony over data-oriented LTE (Long-Term Evolution) mobile networks a reality, with the number of demos at Mobile World Congress a sign they are getting closer.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission took a major step Tuesday toward ending subsidies for traditional telephone service in rural areas and redirecting the money to broadband deployment.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission will unveil a proposal Tuesday to phase out subsidies for traditional telephone service to rural areas, with the money transferred to a broadband deployment program.
If you've ever wanted to wrestle your phone number away from the carriers, now's your chance.
The Sno-Isle, Wash., public library system expects to save $400,000 this year by yanking its MPLS network and replacing it with multiple, less expensive broadband connections that include consumer DSL, cable service and even dark fiber.
Skype and other Internet phone services continue to operate in China days after media reports said the country's government was cracking down on them.
Gmail users in the U.S can continue call phones in North America and Canada for free after the new year, Google said in a blog post on Monday.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's vision for LinkedIn is about tying its business data into Office and other services
- Facebook's Year in Review for 2016 isn't just fun and games
- AMD's Radeon Software Crimson ReLive debuts with features galore
- Intel, Microsoft renew 'Wintel' partnership with Project Evo and VR specs for PCs
- New Windows 10 Insider Build allows you to shut down your PC with your voice
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSenior Software Engineer/ DeveloperSA
- FTPractice AdvisorNSW
- TPWordpress DeveloperVIC
- FTUI DeveloperVIC
- TPXamarin DeveloperQLD
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- TPSharepoint 2013 AnalystQLD
- CCConsumer Social Specialist / Campaign Manager (Digital)VIC
- CCWeb Optimisation AnalystNSW
- FTSecurity Delivery Manager l Security, Governance, Delivery & OperationNSW
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- CCProject Manager - Web & Portal Delivery- Government backgroundNSW
- FTEnterprise ArchitectACT
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperACT
- FTInfrastructure Security SpecialistVIC
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- CCERP LeadWA
- CCProcess Business Analyst X 3VIC
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperOther
- TPNetwork AdministratorWA
- FTSoftware Sales & BDMNSW
- FTServer Infrastructure Team LeaderACT
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCEOI - Performance TesterWA
- FTSenior Project Manager / Program ManagerNSW