Between my Android tablet and my Android phone, I've been creating a lot more content on the go than I may ever have expected to. Between pictures and notes captured on my Thunderbolt, and the occasional article hammered out on my Iconia, There's pre...
The concept of social productivity is gaining momentum, and I've covered some prominent social productivity tools previously on this blog. As a general sort of thing, social productivity sounds like a good idea. It makes work collaborative, emphasize...
LAS VEGAS -- Botnets and their masters can communicate with each other by calling into the same VoIP conference call and swapping data using touch tones, researchers demonstrated at Defcon.
Skype has released version 2.1 of its application for Android, which allows more smartphones and tablets based on Google's operating system to use its video calling feature, it said in a blog post on Thursday.
Vonage on Wednesday released an iPhone app that offers some benefits over Skype's competitive voice-over-IP (VoIP) calling service.
A security consultant has notified Skype of a cross-site scripting flaw that could be used to change the password on someone's account, according to details posted online.
The controversy over India's demand that it be allowed to monitor online and mobile communications resurfaced again on Wednesday, with an Indian minister telling reporters that the government had asked Skype, Google, and several other companies to gi...
Swedish broadband equipment maker Tilgin has launched Simba, a platform for home gateways that can handle gigabit speeds. The availability of cheaper components has made developing Simba possible, the company said on Monday.
Eight Skype executives have departed the company following Microsoft's $8.5 billion buyout in May, a Skype spokeswoman confirmed on Monday.
This vendor-written tech primer has been edited by Network World to eliminate product promotion, but readers should note it will likely favor the submitter's approach.
Millions of Skype users were having trouble on Tuesday signing into the application, less than two weeks after the company published software updates for Windows and Mac computers to fix a similar problem.
Skype users affected by a recent glitch can now get back online by downloading the latest software update -- provided they're using Windows.
With some users unable to sign into Skype and make voice calls, the soon-to-be-acquired-by-Microsoft company offered users a multi-step fix to get its service running again.
When Microsoft announced its purchase of Skype earlier this month, it took great pains to affirm its commitment to continuing support for the technology on platforms other than Windows.
Skype has decided not to renew an agreement that allows open-source telephony system Asterisk to be integrated with the service using software developed with Digium.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Kogan Mobile upgrades to 4G network
- Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- MIT uses 4D maps to help robot teams navigate moving obstacles
- A new AMD licensing deal could create more x86 rivals for Intel
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior Financial Crime AnalystVIC
- CCEnterprise Architect (Security)NSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/Unix) 160509/AP/395Asia
- CCBusiness Project ManagerAsia
- FTTechnology Risk ManagerNSW
- FTAzure ArchitectQLD
- CCSolutions Architect - Network and InfrastructureNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - ICT SecurityNSW
- CCContract Contract Junior Programmer (JUD-16493-4)Asia
- CCProduct SpecialistVIC
- CCWebOps EngineerVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperWA
- CCHealthcare Test SpecialistSA
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- CCFull Stack Developers - JavaNSW
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Report/HTML/SQL) 160428/P/244Asia
- FTGentrack ConsultantVIC
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (C++/JAVA/SQL) 160505/SA/971Asia
- FTSenior Network Engineer | National Systems Integrator & MSP | CBD locationNSW
- FTManager; Enterprise ArchitectureNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager, Technology Upgrade & RefreshNSW
- CCInfra Project Manager-Data Center, Cloud, Storage, NetworkNSW
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT