Between my Android tablet and my Android phone, I've been creating a lot more content on the go than I may ever have expected to. Between pictures and notes captured on my Thunderbolt, and the occasional article hammered out on my Iconia, There's pre...
The concept of social productivity is gaining momentum, and I've covered some prominent social productivity tools previously on this blog. As a general sort of thing, social productivity sounds like a good idea. It makes work collaborative, emphasize...
LAS VEGAS -- Botnets and their masters can communicate with each other by calling into the same VoIP conference call and swapping data using touch tones, researchers demonstrated at Defcon.
Skype has released version 2.1 of its application for Android, which allows more smartphones and tablets based on Google's operating system to use its video calling feature, it said in a blog post on Thursday.
Vonage on Wednesday released an iPhone app that offers some benefits over Skype's competitive voice-over-IP (VoIP) calling service.
A security consultant has notified Skype of a cross-site scripting flaw that could be used to change the password on someone's account, according to details posted online.
The controversy over India's demand that it be allowed to monitor online and mobile communications resurfaced again on Wednesday, with an Indian minister telling reporters that the government had asked Skype, Google, and several other companies to gi...
Swedish broadband equipment maker Tilgin has launched Simba, a platform for home gateways that can handle gigabit speeds. The availability of cheaper components has made developing Simba possible, the company said on Monday.
Eight Skype executives have departed the company following Microsoft's $8.5 billion buyout in May, a Skype spokeswoman confirmed on Monday.
This vendor-written tech primer has been edited by Network World to eliminate product promotion, but readers should note it will likely favor the submitter's approach.
Millions of Skype users were having trouble on Tuesday signing into the application, less than two weeks after the company published software updates for Windows and Mac computers to fix a similar problem.
Skype users affected by a recent glitch can now get back online by downloading the latest software update -- provided they're using Windows.
With some users unable to sign into Skype and make voice calls, the soon-to-be-acquired-by-Microsoft company offered users a multi-step fix to get its service running again.
When Microsoft announced its purchase of Skype earlier this month, it took great pains to affirm its commitment to continuing support for the technology on platforms other than Windows.
Skype has decided not to renew an agreement that allows open-source telephony system Asterisk to be integrated with the service using software developed with Digium.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Synology DS216+ Review
- Microsoft dials back Windows 10 upgrades to 2X a year
- No more passwords with Google's Trust API
- Spotify takes on Apple and Google with family plan
- How to go back to Windows 7 or 8 after an unwanted Windows 10 upgrade
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- FTGeospatial Support AnalystQLD
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- CCApplication Packaging ExpertVIC
- CCTechnical System Engineer (Linux/Mobile/SQL)160524/TSE/vmtAsia
- CCICT Contracts and Procurement SpecialistACT
- CCChange Manager - SAP FinanceNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCPHP / Magento E-Commerce DeveloperNSW
- CCJunior / Mid Level Java Developer - Developing Restful Microservice SolutionsVIC
- FTSOE SpecialistACT
- FTInfrastructure Specialist VMwareNSW
- CCAmazon Web Services (AWS) IT SupportWA
- CCSystems Analyst (HTML/JAVA/Wireless & Mobile) 160525/SA/443Asia
- FTWeb & Mobile Solutions DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Network Engineer - NV1ACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCProject/ Change ManagerQLD
- CCICT Fleet and Equipment Audit ResourcesSA
- CCNetwork Engineer, Renewable ContractAsia
- CCSoftware DevelopersACT
- CCProgram Business AnalystVIC
- CCNetwork Access Specialist - Telecommunications (Apply now)!!NSW
- CCSecurity Clearances Vetting Services OfficerACT