The hacker group calling itself the Syrian Electronic Army (SEA) broke into the customer support website for Viber, an instant messaging and Voice-over-Internet-Protocol (VoIP) application available for both mobile and desktop operating systems.
Cisco Systems released a security patch for its Unified Communications Manager (Unified CM) enterprise telephony product in order to mitigate an attack that could allow hackers to take full control of the systems. The company also patched denial-of-s...
The technology to implement Voice-over-LTE (VoLTE) is maturing, but mobile operators won't roll out telephony services in earnest until 2015. At the same time apps like Skype and Fring are growing quickly in popularity, according to Infonetics Resear...
Mere days after the Skype announced plans to integrate video calling with the Outlook.com web service, Viber has delivered a counterpunch with a new desktop app that lets you make free calls from Mac or Windows PCs, including video calls--a new optio...
Skype's Web-based management tool Manager for businesses is now available in over 170 countries and for all subscriptions, allowing companies to centrally control their usage of the service.
Microsoft is rolling out a preview version of Skype for Outlook.com, allowing users to make calls and send instant messages from within the webmail service using a browser plugin.
Razer's been busy. The erstwhile peripheral maker took some time away from tinkering with mice and keyboards to create gaming laptops and Windows 8 tablets, and now they're dabbling in the VOIP space with Razer Comms.
Google is hoping to make it easier for developers to integrate SMS or voice communications in applications running on the company's App Engine platform.
The French Telecommunications and Posts Regulator, ARCEP, has referred Skype to the Paris public prosecutor, asking it to investigate whether Skype has failed to comply with an obligation to register as a telecommunications operator. Registered opera...
ZTE smartphones based on Firefox OS along with Nokia's new Windows Phone-based devices will share the spotlight at this year's Mobile World Congress with next-generation network technologies that offer higher download speeds and help operators combat...
ST-Ericsson has cranked its forthcoming smartphone processor up to 3GHz. The quad-core NovaThor L8580 will include a PowerVR graphics processor and an LTE modem with support VoLTE (Voice over LTE) and next-generation LTE technology carrier aggregatio...
Skype soft-launched a video messaging service on Friday that allows its subscribers to deliver recorded clips to Skype contacts for playback when they come online.
Ericsson is aiming to make mobile networks better at handling HD video by improving the performance of regular base stations and adding small cells in a coordinated way.
Mobile engineers have successfully demonstrated the handoff of a voice call from LTE to 3G, a capability that may prove critical in carriers' plans to put voice on their new, fast data networks.
Internet access is as crucial to everyday life as having a phone connection and the loss of connectivity is deserving of financial compensation, the German Federal Court of Justice has ruled.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Kogan Mobile upgrades to 4G network
- Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- MIT uses 4D maps to help robot teams navigate moving obstacles
- A new AMD licensing deal could create more x86 rivals for Intel
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCProject Specialist - Contact Center and Unified CommunicationsVIC
- CCSql Server Database Administrator (SAP)QLD
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- CCSenior Project Manager, Technology Upgrade & RefreshNSW
- CCInfra Project Manager-Data Center, Cloud, Storage, NetworkNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160505/AP/951Asia
- CCMid or Senior Developer - Mobile Applications - (iOS)NSW
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer(IBM DB2/WebSphere)160419/STSE/vmtAsia
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Prince2 & PMBoK shop | Huge project pipelineACT
- CCWindows Server EngineerNSW
- FTAGILE Training Manager/CoachNSW
- FTSQL DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Report/HTML/SQL) 160428/P/244Asia
- CCBusiness Data AnalystVIC
- FTSupport AnalystQLD
- FTTrading System QAAsia
- CCFull Stack Developers - JavaNSW
- FTSenior Business Intelligence ManagerNSW
- CC.NET Developer (Application production Support)NSW
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Front End / UI Developer (React.js / LESS / SASS)NSW
- CCWeb AdministratorACT
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- CCSenior Technical WriterVIC