Skype has released the latest version of its application for the iPhone, adding new features and fixing a couple of annoying bugs that hung up calls.
MagicJack is demonstrating a device near the International Consumer Electronics Show this week that it claims will let consumers make VoIP calls using any GSM phone.
China's cyberthreat response group Monday warned local Skype users about phishing scams being carried out through the chat program, in a show of ongoing efforts to counter phishing in the country.
The FCC is seeking advice on how to light a fire under traditional voice carriers in order to speed up their transition from circuit switching to IP networks.
Any business that has a corporate VoIP system can now use Skype's SIP trunking service as a way to cut the cost of corporate phone bills.
Google is bulking up its phone offerings with the acquisition of Gizmo5, a company that offers voice-over-IP software for mobile phones and computers.
Cybercriminals have found a new launching pad for their scams: the phone systems of small and medium-sized businesses across the U.S.
If you're thinking about using Skype for Business as a way to save money you might want to put it off until the courts settle lawsuits that swirl around plans to sell the company.
AT&T reversed course today, announcing that it would "take the steps necessary" so iPhone owners could run voice-over-Internet Protocol (VoIP) applications, presumably including Google Voice and Skype.
With a similar legal battle playing out in the U.K., a company owned by Skype's founders has filed suit against Skype in the U.S.
Skype is shutting down Extras, the most important part of its program for outside developers, saying that demand for these third-party plug-ins has been weak.
The future looked bright in September 2005 when eBay announced it was buying Internet telephony company Skype Technologies for $2.6 billion. But after four years of unfulfilled expectations, the marriage between the online auction giant and the upst...
EBay has reached an agreement to sell a 65 percent stake in its Skype Internet telephony, video conferencing and instant messaging unit for $1.9 billion in cash to an investor group led by Silver Lake.
EBay plans to announce a deal to sell its Skype voice-over-IP service to a group of private investors, The New York Times reported on its Web site, citing people briefed on the company's plans.
Nortel is reportedly close to receiving an offer for its Carrier VoIP business.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Surprise! Nvidia reveals a new Pascal-powered Titan X and it looks like an utter monster
- Apple faces lawsuit over AppleCare refurbished devices not being new
- Intel experiments with 3D Xpoint as it ships out SSDs to testers
- Edward Snowden has developed an iPhone case meant to kill surveillance
- Tesla wants to end fossil fuel use, make self-driving cars 10X safer
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCFrontend DevelopersQLD
- CCService Design AnalystNSW
- FTService Desk Team LeadNSW
- FTSAP PI ABAP SpecialistVIC
- CCExcel Modelling specialist/consultant.VIC
- FTSolution Architect - Digital (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- CCBusiness Analyst/ Scrum MasterNSW
- CCDW/BI DeveloperACT
- FTGraduate IT supportNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- FTSenior Architect, Marketing and Campaign ManagementNSW
- FTSAP FS-PM/FS-PQM SpecialistVIC
- CCCommunication LeadVIC
- CCSenior Process Analyst - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Temporary Fixed TermQLD
- FTCloud EngineerVIC
- CCProduction Manager / Digital ProducerNSW
- FTProgram Master SchedulerVIC
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS EngineerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Solution DesignerACT
- FTUX DesignerVIC
- CCProject Coordinator/ Jr Business Analyst- Govt backgroundNSW
- CCIT/Telco Graduate | 12mth ContractVIC
- FTSQL DATA AnalyticsNSW