Skype has released the latest version of its application for the iPhone, adding new features and fixing a couple of annoying bugs that hung up calls.
MagicJack is demonstrating a device near the International Consumer Electronics Show this week that it claims will let consumers make VoIP calls using any GSM phone.
China's cyberthreat response group Monday warned local Skype users about phishing scams being carried out through the chat program, in a show of ongoing efforts to counter phishing in the country.
The FCC is seeking advice on how to light a fire under traditional voice carriers in order to speed up their transition from circuit switching to IP networks.
Any business that has a corporate VoIP system can now use Skype's SIP trunking service as a way to cut the cost of corporate phone bills.
Google is bulking up its phone offerings with the acquisition of Gizmo5, a company that offers voice-over-IP software for mobile phones and computers.
Cybercriminals have found a new launching pad for their scams: the phone systems of small and medium-sized businesses across the U.S.
If you're thinking about using Skype for Business as a way to save money you might want to put it off until the courts settle lawsuits that swirl around plans to sell the company.
AT&T reversed course today, announcing that it would "take the steps necessary" so iPhone owners could run voice-over-Internet Protocol (VoIP) applications, presumably including Google Voice and Skype.
With a similar legal battle playing out in the U.K., a company owned by Skype's founders has filed suit against Skype in the U.S.
Skype is shutting down Extras, the most important part of its program for outside developers, saying that demand for these third-party plug-ins has been weak.
The future looked bright in September 2005 when eBay announced it was buying Internet telephony company Skype Technologies for $2.6 billion. But after four years of unfulfilled expectations, the marriage between the online auction giant and the upst...
EBay has reached an agreement to sell a 65 percent stake in its Skype Internet telephony, video conferencing and instant messaging unit for $1.9 billion in cash to an investor group led by Silver Lake.
EBay plans to announce a deal to sell its Skype voice-over-IP service to a group of private investors, The New York Times reported on its Web site, citing people briefed on the company's plans.
Nortel is reportedly close to receiving an offer for its Carrier VoIP business.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's first Creators Update features for Xbox One focus on Home, Guide, Copilot
- How to create and restore an image backup in Windows 10
- All new Chromebooks will get Android app support
- The Asus Tinker Board is a powerful Raspberry Pi rival that plays 4K video
- Torment: Tides of Numenera preview: This is the bizarre follow-up Planescape deserves
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- TPProject Manager - eDRMSQLD
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT
- CCDigital Business Analyst l SalesforceNSW
- TPTechnical WriterACT
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA
- FTSecurity Incident / SOC Analyst (Tier 1) - Permanent - North Ryde BasedNSW
- TPSharePoint DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Linux Systems AdministratorNSW
- FTApplication Developer - FileNetWA
- CCMid-level Java Developer / Programmer (Contract) Finance CBDNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- FTSalesforce Technical Business Analyst (Brisbane based)NSW
- CCSenior PMO Analyst - ReportingNSW
- CCAccessability TesterACT
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- TPDynamics CRM Technical Delivery ManagerVIC
- FTNational Manager of Security - We are looking for a strong Leader - Syd CBDNSW
- TPPrincipal Business Analyst - DAFFQLD
- FTSenior Learning Specialist - Global OrganisationQLD
- FTIT Project CoordinatorVIC
- FT.NET CMS DeveloperWA
- CCService Desk Consultant-Baseline Clearance RequiredNSW