While the idea of network virtualization has been around a while, it has not been adopted in the enterprise as quickly as virtualization for servers. Now, VMware, one of the biggest proponents of virtualizing the entire data center, is touting one ta...
VMworld 2015: VMware touts new technologies for managing containers and live migration of virtual machines
At the VMworld conference in San Francisco, VMware demonstrated how to move a live virtual machine across two different data centers, and showed off its new container management software.
EMC is putting replication and recovery into the hands of VMware administrators with a software version of its RecoverPoint appliance that's designed for cloud computing.
VMware has assembled a package that combines its desktop virtualisation software with its tools for managing mobile devices, giving administrators a unified suite to manage all of their end-users' application requirements.
Click through all the products being released at VMworld this week
"Brave" is the current watchword for virtualization software giant VMware.
VMware wants to bring enterprise-class reliability to OpenStack by releasing a distribution of cloud hosting software that runs on top of the virtualization stack.
Three of technology’s latest ‘movers and shakers’ share lessons at VMworld 2013 closing session, talking Romo robots, MaKey MaKey and MakerBot.
The jam-packed VMworld show this week in San Francisco has been VMware's launchpad for flights deeper into storage, an area that the company thinks is due for more virtualization.
Click through to see all the latest from the show in San Francisco.
VMware's big splash in software-defined networking with its NSX network hypervisor comes with partnerships already in place to flesh out its virtual networks.
Dell has been relatively quiet about its modular data-center products, but on Tuesday it showed off a new design it has started selling to large "hyperscale" customers, which include big Internet firms like Microsoft and Facebook.
Verizon Business is tapping into the popularity of VMware technology with a cloud computing service designed to let customers easily move workloads between their own infrastructure and Verizon's cloud.
VMware announced a new program on Tuesday through which service providers will offer pay-as-you-go computing services similar to those from Amazon Web Services.
VMware this week had to reassure industry observers that it will not ban competition from the VMworld conference, after bloggers took the company to task for releasing a policy change that appeared to prevent competing vendors from demonstrating prod...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's vision for LinkedIn is about tying its business data into Office and other services
- Facebook's Year in Review for 2016 isn't just fun and games
- AMD's Radeon Software Crimson ReLive debuts with features galore
- Intel, Microsoft renew 'Wintel' partnership with Project Evo and VR specs for PCs
- New Windows 10 Insider Build allows you to shut down your PC with your voice
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- FTPrincipal Product Manager | Cloud | Managed ServicesNSW
- CCAgile TesterNSW
- CCWindows Systems Engineer - AD, VMware, RedHat experienceNSW
- FTProduct LeadVIC
- CCSoftware Engineer - Submarine simulation and testingVIC
- FTProject Manager - ProcurementSA
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerNSW
- CCDesktop Support EngineerNSW
- CCPlatform Services EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Platform Developer/ArchitectNSW
- TPWordpress DeveloperVIC
- CCWindows 365 Engineer - start ASAPNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst - RoboticsNSW
- CCProject Manager - Cabling, Network Sys Design and DeliveryNSW
- FTFinancial AnalystNSW
- TPProject Manager - HealthQLD
- CCJava Developer/ Web DesginerNSW
- CCSenior Software Engineer / Architect (Network Technologies)NSW
- FTCitrix AdministratorNSW
- FTSite Acquisition ManagerSA
- FTUI DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Automation TesterNSW
- FTService Lifecycle RepresentativeQLD